Chapter 22: The Confrontation

"5 more minutes," Chaeyoung muttered and pulled the blanket closer to herself. Junkyu was laughing at his uncle who was trying to wake her up. "I told you she won't wake up," he proudly said. Taehyung chuckled. "I guess so," he said and the two left the room.

Jungkook had also just left Taehyung's room at that time. He stared at him who just came out of Chaeyoung's room and felt his tears brimming his eyes again, but he managed to blink it away before Junkyu jumped onto him, wishing him a good morning.

"Good morning to you, too," he said and patted his head. "Can you take him to school today?" Taehyung asked. "Why? What are you going to do?" he asked as they walked down. He got a glimpse of Chaeyoung asleep in her room as they went to the kitchen.

"It'll be late for him to go to school if we wait for Chaeyoung to wake up," he answered and made himself a cup of coffee. Junkyu and Jungkook poured some cereal into their bowls with milk. The younger man really wanted to say no to him, but he bit his tongue. "Okay," he said and washed his bowl.

"Come on, Junkyu. Let's go," Jungkook said and took Junkyu's bag. The boy drank the milk from his bowl and ran after his uncle outside. The door shut and Taehyung cleaned up the table and washed the dishes. He went up towards Chaeyoung's room and shook his head seeing her still asleep.

"Park Chaeyoung, wake up. We're going to be late for work," he said and tapped her shoulders. "Mhmmgh... let me sleep," she whined. "Come on... Jackson will be at the company today. You need to be there," he reminded her.

She groaned and sat up, her blanket falling off. "Good morning," he greeted her with a peck on the forehead. That made her smile softly. "What time is it?" she asked. "7:30," he replied. "What?! 7:30?! I missed the bus," she muttered, panicking. "How am I going to get to work on time?" she thought to herself.

"I know... that's why you're coming with me," Taehyung said as he straightened her bed hair. He smiled at her confused look... it was adorable. "What? I can't do that! People will talk-"

"I know you wouldn't like that, so get off before we reach the office," he cut her off. That made her calm down a little as she got off her bed. "I won't take long," she assured and immediately ran to the shower. "Take your time," he said softly that she didn't hear him.

He left her room and waited in the living room for her. Jackson had requested to meet him at the office today after the little stunt he pulled in front of the press. Right after the press left Rosely with clips of the products, they immediately went to Wang Industries to get the same footage but they failed. Of course, they would... they didn't prepare the samples yet.

This had put Rosely in a better situation and Wang Industries stocks are slowly dropping. He had gotten the call yesterday and Jackson didn't even wait for him to answer before putting down the phone. Taehyung would've laughed at how the tables had turned, but he couldn't. Especially when Irene was the main reason the contract had reached Jackson in the first place.

He had also called Moonbin and Eunwoo to be at the building so that he could tell everyone the truth. At first, he refused, but when he found out that Jackson was going to be there, he immediately agreed. That was also one of the reasons why he had asked Jungkook to send Junkyu to school. He was a little stressed about what was going to happen and that he might take it out on the kid, and he didn't want that to happen at all.

Also, he wanted Chaeyoung to calm him down before they faced him. He was brought back to reality when the said girl tapped his shoulder with a piece of toast in her hand. "Let's go," she said. He hummed and they both left the apartment together.

"Why do you look nervous?" she asked when they entered the car. "You'll find out soon, but before that," he said and signalled the driver to drive. "I need you to calm me down," he said. She raised a brow. "How?" she asked.