Survival

-Japan, 1990-

When the first recorded appearances of so-called "Quirks" emerged, the world, at first, was speechless. How could a person be born or have gained a real supernatural ability? But soon, as the decades went by, more and more people developed their own quirks, to the point where the world's population is now 80/20, with the former all having some sort of power, and the latter being dubbed "Quirkless," or having no power at all. And with the appearance of literal superpowers, came the emergence of superheroes and supervillains. 

The heroes would do battle with these villains, fighting for the side of hope, freedom, and justice; ensuring a safe world for all to live in. On the side of villainy, these evil-doers fought for destruction, pain, and suffering, aiming to topple the world and gain control. And with so many villains to fight in the world, the heroes began to get overwhelmed by their numbers. So, to ensure there would always be a suitable number of heroes each generation to stand against the villains, governments from around the world created the hero school system. These high schools would teach students, who were the best of the best, how to become proper heroes. They'd learn to fight, think, and act like heroes until they were called into action. For decades, this system remained the same. And to this day, it still does. 

-Musutafu, Japan-

Despite 80% of the population now having quirks, the world quickly became adjusted to these conditions. The extraordinary became the new ordinary. People would now look to the sky, occasionally seeing a hero fly overhead, but reacting as if it was something you'd normally see each and every day. In this day and age, becoming a hero was one of the only ways to have a successful career, but despite most having quirks, a good chunk of those with them wound up having less than useless abilities, such as having a horn grow out of the side of your head, or expanding eyeballs. So even when they're superpowered, most of society still went about as if quirks were never there, having normal lives and jobs.

"Look, I'm about 10 minutes out, I won't be late for the meeting, got it?" A business man said into the block that was his mobile phone, fresh off the assembly line. He walked down a sidewalk that was filled to the brim with passersby, and as he went to continue his conversation, he suddenly bumped into someone and the two fell over. "Oh, sorry about that."

"No, no, it's my fault. I wasn't looking where I was going." A girl said as the two helped each other up. The girl was maybe no older than 15, medium length and slightly messy brown hair which touched her shoulders, blue eyes, a black hoodie, black slightly ripped jeans, and brown boots. "Here, I think this is yours, right?"

The girl handed the man his chunky phone and he gladly took it and saw his call didn't end when he dropped it. He gave her a smile and a thumbs up before passing her to continue to his destination. Little did he know, this girl, when she'd bumped into him, had swiped his wallet from one of his pockets. She quickly made her way to a nearby alleyway, ducking behind a dumpster to see what she'd scored. 

"Alright, let's see here..... Driver's license, useless...... Health Card, useless..... Where's the money pouch in this thing, it's got so many zipp-AHA! Bingo!" The girl said as she took out a small handful of bills. All in all, she took about 10,000 Yen from the wallet, or about 87 US dollars. Not a bad steal. She then dumped the wallet by tossing it over to where the sidewalk was and walked deeper into the alley, taking some corners to avoid being seen. 

The girl's name was Tensho Fuyumi. She has no home, no friends, and no family left who'll take her in. She was a loner, and by now, she was perfectly fine with that. After having received the shaft so many times, she believed the only person she could trust was herself.