Chapter One - Leaving

CHAPTER ONE

~*~*~

"Buenos días, Valiente. Wake up now. We have to get ready." I sweetly said to my pet dog.

He softly groaned which made me giggle.

"Please wake up? We're going to leave for Colombia." I shook him lightly and thankfully he woke up.

After I fed him, I took a shower and got dressed.

I was combing my hair when suddenly I heard a knock.

"Y/N?Come on, breakfast is ready." It was Sister Almira.

"I'll be there!" After that I heard her footsteps leaving.

I finished combing my hair and carried Valiente until we could get down. We went straight to the dining room and almost all of my friends were sitting already in their chairs. They are orphans like me.

"You're leaving today, aren't you?" Asked Claridad, the oldest of us. She’s 28 years old and she helps here with the nuns in the orphanage. She sat down next to me.

"Yes. I will miss you." I said sadly.

"We'll miss you too. But don't worry! You'll be back, right?" She said, hoping.

"Of course! Whatever happens I will come back and visit here in our home." I assured her.

"Oh, all right. Eat up. You might be late for your trip." She said while trying to hold back her tears.

I hugged her tightly first and I started eating.

*/Fast forward because Isabela's boyfriend is hereeee/*

After saying goodbye to all my friends here at the orphanage and even to the nuns who took care of me I carried my old bag and my dog. I put Valiente in a dog cage I bought the other day.

I went to the nearest bus station.

I waited for 7 minutes until the car that would pick me up stopped right in front of me.

"Good day Albert." I greet the driver.

"Good day señorita." He greeted back.

Albert is the one who always picks me up. He is the driver of Aviciano Gutierrez, the man who supports my scholarship.

"Señor Aviciano is already waiting for you at the airport. Are you ready to leave your hometown?" He asked.

"I'm not happy to leave, but I'm surely ready for this. My dreams are not just for myself but also for my family in the orphanage."

"You're a great woman, Señorita Y/N."

"Salamat, I'm just giving back the kindness that they showed to me."

"I'm sure that they will appreciate it." He said and I replied with a nod.

~*~*~