Beginner At Love

"And here we are."

"Yeah..."

It was the next day when Yousuke offered Kazuma to drive him back to his house.

"Feels like I wasn't here for years, haha..." Kazuma joked.

"Well, I hope you can at least enjoy the rest of your holidays, Ichinose."

"I hope so, too."

Kazuma got out of the car.

"Thank you for driving me home, Ikari-san."

"No problem."

"Oh, let's go eat something again in the future! It's on me like last time." Yousuke pointed with his thumb at his chest.

"Really?"

"Yes, of course! After all, we solved the case concerning 'The Owls' thanks to you!"

"I see... If that's the case, isn't a dinner a bit too little?"

"Tch. Fine, I'll pay the next three dinners as well."

Kazuma sighed.

"In the end, it's still just food... Whatever. I'm fine with it, I guess." Kazuma gave in.

"That's settled then! See you, Ichinose!" Yousuke stated and was about to drive away.

"Ah, wait!"

"Hm?"

"I have a question which bothered me for a while..."

"I remembered that you mentioned my parents' names during our fight. Did you know them?" Kazuma asked with a stern and yet nervous expression.

"Huh? Don't you rememb-"

Bzz.

"Sorry, it's urgent."

Yousuke had to take the call after his phone rang.

"What?! Understood. I'll get there now."

"I have to go now. Let's continue our talk next time. See you, Ichinose!"

"H-huh?"

Thus, Yousuke drove away. Not being able to say goodbye, Kazuma only waved his hand awkwardly.

After the car disappeared in the horizon, Kazuma entered his home.

Being in the house again, he took a deep breath through his nose.

"How I missed this smell!" he commented with a relaxed expression.

He took a little stroll within his house.

"Ah, there it is!"

When he entered his own room, he noticed that his phone was on his bed.

[11 missed calls.]

[39 unread messages.]

"..."

Kazuma immediately checked who called him in spite of already knowing who it was.

"So Emma called me two times, Yui eight times... And Kirisaki one time?!" he leaned with his face closer on the display.

He could not believe that Kirisaki tried to call him on his own accord.

Then, Kazuma proceeded to read his messages. Most of them came from the group chat where Emma, Yui and Kazuma were part of. His private messages only contained the question about his whereabouts.

Besides them, even Kirisaki wrote him.

[Sorry. Emma is coming to your hospital.]

"I see. He tried to warn me..."