Meet the trollskull team

It was almost noon, I was already on the north ward, so I decided to go to my favorite tavern, the Trollskull manor. After a bit of walking I arrived and took a seat at a table inside. I ordered and waited for my food while looking around.

The tavern was a nice place, there was a bouncer in case someone started trouble, though lately he looked more tired than usual, ever since about the Kolat Battle. Sadly I only heard about it since I didn't get to take part in it, but it seems it was a mess. There were two tieflings on a stage, one winged, like me with a white mask hiding his face, and another one, a girl with pale skin. Both were playing lively music while dancing on stage. That was something I liked about the tavern: it was very welcoming, especially to tieflings, such as myself.

A young human made a throw from a distance and a food plate landed right in front of me. I started eating and kept looking. On the bar, there was a human woman serving teas, a kobold serving some drinks to a few dragonborns, and a drow cleaning a glass while listening to a drunk man's ramblings. It was unusual to see one of them on this part of the city, but I often saw him there, he was a friend of an important acquaintance I had there. Speaking of, not too long after thinking that, I saw a dark haired male tiefling coming towards me; he was wearing a white shirt with a lord's alliance and harpers pin over the heart, what made him incredibly recognizable was a top hat he had on his hand. He approached and after I gave him a nod, he sat down on my table

—Hellen.—He spoke.—Pleasure seeing you here. Any particular thing I can help you with?

—Oh, nothing much, Eiliv. I just came here to enjoy the food. Although since we're here, why don't we do a few guild things and you show me how the progress is going with the stone?—I asked with a smile in my lips. Sure, it partly was due to the Harpers, but it also was due to my personal curiosity on the topic.

—Of course, but this is no place to talk, once you finish I'll be waiting in the common room upstairs, ok?

He started leaving but a thud was heard across the tavern, on the floor in front of the drow, a book was laying closed.

—Na, please try not to piss off Lif.—Eiliv reprimanded the drow.

—In my defense, it's his fault!

—Then both of you take a break.

The tiefling left. I finished my food and walked to the counter.

—Excuse me, but who is Lif?—I asked the drow

He took a second to answer, and when he did it was with a bit of shock.

—Ah! Me? Yeah uh... Lif is the ghost that roams this place and serves drinks

—What?

He made a gesture and beside him a drink was suddenly prepared, with the mixer shaking in the air, and serving into a small glass, before being dragged over to me as if by an invisible force.
I stared at it in a bit of shock and took a sip

—It's delicious. I didn't know about bartender ghosts

—Yeah well, this place is one of a kind. Now if the ghost was nicer...—He muttered, and a book flew towards his head, hitting him. Most people around him chuckled, including me.

—Very well, I've gotta go now, bye!

I left to take the stairs to the second floor, once I entered I found myself on a room with a table and some chairs. On one of them was Eiliv, on another was a half-elf woman, and on another one was a... human? Who had pale skin, eyes and hair. All three looked at me once I entered.

—Family?—Asked the half elf, looking at the tiefling.

—No, Lyra. They are from the Harpers—Said Eiliv and gestured towards the pale person—Hellen, this is Nero.—He then pointed at the half elf.—And Lyra. And, team, this is Hellen

—Do you need us to... leave you two?—Asked the human with a smirk.

—No. she's here to collect the information we have of the stone, and it's never a bad moment for everyone to remember what we can do.—Eiliv grabbed his top hat, which was laying on the table, and from inside of it, took out a small, egg shaped green stone with three cavities in a line on its surface. Inside each of the cavities, there was a smaller round gem.—This is the stone of Golorr. I'm pretty sure it's alive, but regardless, it allows me to use the spell legend lore even on information that has been erased from everyone through a ritual which we do not know how to recreate. However, once I lose attunement to this item, I believe I will forget the information I obtained.—He left the stone on the table.—The information we've obtained currently is the location of the stolen money by lord Neverember. Any questions?

—Yes.—I felt tempted to ask something.—What's up with the burn patch on your cheek?

Eiliv had a burnt scar on his left cheek, which went down his neck. He gave me a death glare and spoke menacingly.

—About the stone.

However, he started to unbutton his shirt up to halfway through and got up. He pulled down the left side of shirt, showing his arm and part of the torso. There was an amber gem in the center of his chest, but the scar was even worse there, going through the arm, and when he turned around and showed his back... it was chilling. The mark almost deformed not just the skin, but the body itself.

—This is a reminder of the risks of trust.—spoke Eiliv, looking dead set into my eyes, as if giving a advice, with a hint of... Sadness? Guilt? I couldn't really tell.

—Oh shuddup, drama queen—Exclaimed Lyra, brightening the moment—. Anyways, aren't Tieflings supposed to be resistant to fire?

—Correct—Eiliv started putting the shirt back on.—. Any more questions?

—Nope.

—No.

—No...

—Perfect, you are all dismissed.

—We're still gonna be here, y'know?—Said Nero.

—I should probably go; Daniel must be wondering where I am.—I started getting up.

—Who's Daniel?—Nero got up and passed the stone to Eiliv, who put it inside his hat.

—My Significant Other... and source of my magic.

—Oh... be careful about those, it's been a hot minute since I haven't seen Carlos. Though I got these from him.—Eiliv took out a pair of glasses out of his hat and put them on.

—Your patron?

—Yeah. And ancestor, I think.

—Ooh okay, so I'm not the only one with a contract, huh?

—Nope. Anyways, Good luck Hellen.

—Good luck to you!

—Thank you, we will need it.

And so, I left the Trollskull Manor, to go home and rest, and let the Trollskull team do the same, because gods knew they needed it.