The Talk

I sit on the chair Alexia and Jenni have near the TV and wait for Alexia to talk. There is that silent that could make you die right away... I start to overthink everything, the things I'm going to say, the ones I want to hear...

"Are you going to sit there forever?" Alexia chuckles softly.

"Where do you want me to sit?" I ask unsure.

"Come on Jenni's bed." She shows me the bed next to hers. "It'll be more comfortable."

"Sure." I smile and do as she says still not really breathing. "So, where do we start?"

"I don't know." She confesses blushing a bit. "Do you want to know something in particular?"

"Well, I think I know a lot already, it's more how to handle everything that's causing me problems." I admit.

"What do you mean?"

"I know you like me, and obviously I reciprocate that very much. Yet, you send me so many mixed signals, I don't know where we are going with that..." I let out a sigh I didn't know I was holding.

"It's pretty fair, I've been distant with you sometimes and right after, I tried to flirt, just to run away the next day..." Alexia turns to me. "I don't deal well with feelings and all. It only got worse when I've lost my dad, and now I just refuse to let anyone in. But with you, it's different, ever since that Champions League Final, I've been following you on social media, wondering what you do, where you play, if you're injured or playing well.... And now that you are here, close to me, it seems like the thing I wanted the most is just right there, and I don't want to mess this up. Yet, I get scared and run away to protect myself and prevent myself from falling in love with you because I know you're hurt and broken, and I don't want you to suffer anymore."

"Then, start to let go of that running away habit of yours, and take the time to discuss things with me." I smile shyly and go to her bed, cuddling her side as she looks at the ceiling.

"It feels nice." She wraps her arm around me.

"I know right...?" I smile against her neck, and she shivers.

"Are you and Jill a thing?" She suddenly asks.

"What?" I laugh. "Oh god, no way. She is my very best friend, we're like sisters and she was teasing you because you glared at her."

"Oh..." She realizes. "Does Lieke know too?"

"She knew before me..." I chuckle and she growls. "I guess Mapi understood too."

"Just fine..." Alexia sighs. "They are going to tease the hell out of me."

"Maybe they won't have to." I smile and she looks at me weirdly. "I'm almost a Barcelona player since this morning, they won't tease you too much if I'm around."

"You signed?" She excitedly wonders.

"We have an agreement, it'll be announced on December 31st, when they announce Aitana is re-signing until 2025." I wink at her.

"Best day ever." She smiles. "It changes a lot of things, you know?"

"Why that?" I chuckle.

"We'll have time to get to know each other, to spend time together, it scares me less than having you so far away from me." She explains.

"We're going to go slow, and we'll be just great, is that okay with you?" I wonder.

"More than okay." She smiles and I kiss her cheek. "Can we cuddle and fall asleep? I'm just exhausting from yesterday trip..."

"Sounds good to me." I put my head back in her neck and adjust to her side.

"I'm so glad to have you here, with me." She whispers and kisses my temple softly as I fell asleep.

            I wake up the next morning still cuddled up to Alexia. We are facing each other, my head in her neck enjoying her scent, her arms around me and her head on mine. I smile when I feel her tightening her grip around me.

"Definitely awake." She whispers with a raspy voice and starts tracing small circles on my back and shoulder. "I can feel your smile against my skin, Vic."

"I'm enjoying myself." I whisper sleepily.

"I wonder why..." She chuckles and I giggle.

"Did you sleep well?" I look at her.

"Best I've ever slept." She smiles and kisses my cheek. "But unfortunately, we have to go back to reality."

"This could become our reality, you know?" I state.

"It would be awesome..." She whispers.

"We'll make it come true." I kiss her cheek and get up. "Come on, we're going to be late."

            She growls and I go back to my room. I open the door slowly seeing Aitana, Jennifer and Leila are still deep asleep. I get ready quietly and after 15 minutes, I go to Leila.

"Good morning, love." I caress her cheek. "It's 8.30, you need to wake up."

"Hey, lover girl." Jenni turns to us slowly. "Already back?"

"Yes, we need to be ready." I smile.

"Had a nice talk?" Leila hugs me.

"Very nice." I smile brightly earning a chuckle from my friends. "But no kiss, I see you coming, Hermoso." I point at her.

"Shit, Alexia will have things to tell me." Jennifer laughs.

"Oh, pretty sure she will." I wink and they laugh.

"It's going to be a good life." Leila shouts playfully as I open the curtain.

"Sure thing it will." Alexia smiles leaned against the wall.

"You look happy." Aitana points out.

"I am." Alexia nods as she opens her arms for me.

"Nice to hear." I smile back and hug her tightly.

"They do look cute together." Leila says to Jennifer.

"Are you officially together?" Jennifer wonders and Alexia looks at me worriedly.

"Not yet." I say looking at her and she nods.

"We're taking it slow." She adds still looking at me.

"We see." Jennifer laughs a bit. "Good luck with that."

            We all end up laughing and the girls get ready for the last breakfast before we all go back to our clubs.