Chapter 3

The engagement party was absolutely the most fun that I've had in a while, even though it was only close friends and family it was so worth the trouble to prepare for.

After the party was over we retreated upstairs to turn in for the night. I had moved most of my things into Elvis's room per his request so we shared a room now.

"you okay?" he asked as I sat taking my strappy high heels off on the bed

"yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked confused as to why he was asking out of the blue

" I saw you flinch when johnny bumped into your side" he said hanging up his tux jacket

"he just hit my rib the wrong way" I shrugged it off not wanting to get into the story yet

"but you've never done that before" he pointed out and I knew I'd have to tell him rather than keep it in.

"he just bumped my scar, it's been sore today because I slept on it last night"

"it's healed isn't it?"

"it's healed but the scar tissue, it's still sore from time to time"

"it's where he stabbed you isn't it?" he asked softly

I just nodded as I stood up and walked into the closet to find one of his shirts and a part of shorts to sleep in

"D what really happened that day?" he asked as he leaned against the doorway before he caught my dress as I threw it out at him

"i really don't think you want to know" I said pulling my shorts on after putting his shirt on

" I thought I knew everything but then I asked mama and red and they both told me, it wasn't there place to tell me and I didn't think to ask at the hospital... so I'm asking you, what happened that day" he asked gently.

He deserved to know how I had gotten hurt so bad even if I didn't necessarily want him to know. I knew it wouldn't change his view of me but I knew it just might change the way he treated me... it might have added pity to the mix and I didn't want pity from anyone.

"he raped and stabbed me... I went back there looking for mom and he was drunk so he raped and stabbed me.. I didn't think he heard me come in and I was going to just leave and never look back but he caught me and slammed the door and ripped my clothes and raped me before he stabbed me... he was getting ready to rape me again when red busted the door down and got him off me." I explained as tears rolled down my face unchecked and I looked at the wall away from him.

"he was supposed to be my father but he raped me!" I nearly screamed.

I couldn't think of the right words to say so he wrapped me in his and held me until I stopped crying

"why didn't you tell me... or let me come with you?" he asked crying himself

"because I knew you would get in trouble than your career would be over. I knew you would kill him or you would be hurt and I didn't want you hurt because of me. I wasn't your problem, you didn't know to get involved" I cried

"you aren't a problem, you'd never be a problem for me. how did mama find out" he asked

"I'm a big problem. she knew... she felt it when It happened, she told me when she came to the hospital. she said she felt it when I was in danger.. just like you, she knew when you broke your pinkie... she felt it.... it also didn't help that Red told her what happened" I chuckled at the last part, i couldn't believe he had kept it from E the way he had over the past 4 years... but than again Red was a loyal man and everyone knew it.