𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

we don't talk about him

The Sun Summoner was a very awkward girl. Valeriya assumed it had something to do with the fact that she was stripped from everything she knew, but still. It reminded her of her Yali, who would stutter and answer hesitantly as if she was unsure of the right thing to say. Saints she missed her.

Anyway, Valeriya had to stay focused on the real reason she was in Alina's room. While the girl could be the nicest person the Saints had ever seen, Valeriya couldn't care less at this present moment. She had more important things to do.

"Vale, what do you need?" Genya said, ushering Alina into a seat with comforting words about the rude Ravakan ladies.

"It's not me, but Feydor wanted me to go have you tailor my side," Valeriya responded. She lifted her teal dress shirt that was tucked into her long black skirt. The scar on her side was still ugly looking, but Valeriya didn't mind.

Alina gasped in shock.

"Got hit with an arrow by a druskelle, healed it myself as you can see. I personally don't care but you know Fedyor," Valeriya continued, not waiting for Genya to reply.

Genya smiled and gripped Valeriya's hands, they didn't really pay any mind to Alina. "Let me guess, you just want a temporary fix to show Fedyor and then you'll have another part of your collection." Genya said, rolling her eyes.

Genya stepped forward carefully lifting Valeriya's shirt and pressed her hand on the scar. A tickling sensation prickled her skin and the scar soon disappeared.

"Alina," Valeriya called out while Genya did her work. The girl looked at her through the mirror, "Where is my kefta?"

"In the closet."

Valeriya pulled the garment from Alina's closet and held it up to assess the damage. Yikes. There was more dirt than before and more blood - Valeriya assumed it was from the Druskelle attack. David's going to be pissed. There was a tear on the bottom of the kefta that had been there from the volcra, so Alina wasn't to blame. The Grisha also had to be presented to the king today, so David would be even more stressed - and annoyed.

"Saints Valeriya, are you trying to compete with Nikolai about who can ruin the most amount of expensive clothes?"

A soft smile flickered across Valeriya's face. She had good memories with him, but it hurt to think about him leaving. She'd lied earlier, she hadn't heard from him in just over a year. Valeriya wasn't sure if he was incarcerated or worse, dead.

"Who's Nikolai?" Alina asked.

Valeriya looked at the necklace she'd put on before bed the night before, a frown plastered on her face.

"Sorry, Vale," she said and then turned to Alina, "He's an old friend, we don't talk about him."

Valeriya gave a half-smile and then left the room.

Saints, she just wanted to remove all the thoughts of him out of her head. Why couldn't she stop thinking of him?

author's note !

Hello!  A lot has happened since I last updated this book.  Thank you so much for 1.2K reads!  I really appreciate it!  Please let me know what you like or what you want to see in the story. 

And the season two cast has been announced!  I'm going to keep Nikolai's face claim right now until we get some gifs of Patrick Gibson in costume, so it will be updated when we reach act 2 (unless it takes me that long to finish act 1 :)   ).

Finally, are you guys okay with the short chapters and an update every week?  Or would you rather it be longer chapters and way more time between chapters?

See you guys soon!  Have a good day/afternoon/evening/night, wherever you may be in the world or whenever you read this!