One

You quickly ran into the trashed store trying your best not to be seen. The windows were busted causing glass shards to be all over the floor, blood was smeared across walls, and shelves were knocked over. You quickly grabbed a grey backpack, unzipping it to get new items. Your last backpack had gotten torn in half during a fight with another human, who was trying to steal your supplies.

After swiping the store for things like trail mix, energy bars, water bottles, fruit, and bandages the backpack was finally full. You needed to leave now you'd already been in one place for too long, making your scent easier to track for any wolves. You made your way back to the front of the store slinging the backpack over your shoulder when a noise stopped you in your tracks. You sprinted your way into the back of the store grabbing hold of a large kitchen knife, getting ready to fight off any danger. Slowly creeping forward until you could see the entrance of the building, you watched waiting to see who'd caused the noise. After a few minutes a man with bright pink hair, littered with blue and yellow highlights stumbled in. He immediately went towards the food, ripping open a bag of trail mix and dumping it into his mouth, before he even swallowed he was downing the closest drink to him.

After watching him for a bit you decided he wasn't much of a threat so you stood up making yourself known. Clutching the knife in your hand you called him out.

"Who are you?"

The man's head snapped towards your own, eyeing the knife in your hand carefully.

"Yeonjun, I'm human, I was just looking for some food."

"Have you run into any of the wolves recently?" You wondered.

"The last one I came across was about 12 miles back. I was lucky enough to kill it before it killed me."

Your eyes widen a little at his words. He was strong enough to kill a werewolf? Maybe he had a weapon at the time, either way you decided he was a tad useful.

"Do you want to partner up for a while? I just filled my backpack up." You added hoping to sweeten the deal.

"Sure."

————————————————————————

After a few miles of walking you'd made it to a small river, stopping to rest and clean yourselves up a bit. Yeonjun had told you about how he'd killed the wolf. The two of you talking more about the different packs you'd heard of and which ones were more powerful, along with the pack tattoos they all carry. Yeonjun mentioned he'd seen a man with a pirate ship tattoo once, thinking it was a member of the all alpha pack, Ateez. If it had been one of them, Yeonjun would be dead though right?

"When did you see him? Why didn't he kill you?"

"It was after i'd killed the wolf, it wasn't part of Ateez tho. I saw the 7 tattoo on his finger after I'd killed him and he turned back into his human form."

"You killed a member of the Bangtan pack?! They're rumored to be in alliance with Ateez and second strongest out of the packs, Yeonjun."

"I know that but wouldn't the others have killed me on spot if they were there?" He expressed.

"It doesn't matter if they were there or not, they'd be able to smell you on him once they found the body! plus didn't you say you saw a member of Ateez there?"

"I'm miles away do you really think they'd still be after me? Yeah I saw one but wouldn't he have killed me on spot if he'd just heard me kill one of his alliances? It doesn't make sense!" Yeonjun raised his voice.

"Maybe it was just a guy with a normal tattoo?" A new voice caused yeonjun and yours heads to snap to the other side of the river.

A man with light brown hair stood on the other side of the river with his hands in his pockets watching the two of you.

"Who are you?!" Yeonjun shouted.

You secretly clutched your knife behind you in case the strange man decided to do something. Although Yeonjun seemed to stand a better chance against the built man. There were two of you, a river between you, and you had a knife. The man removed his hands from his pockets, holding them up in surrender at the sound of Yeonjun's voice.

"I'm just stopping to rest the same as you. I heard the running water and then saw the two of you."

The man across the river could smell you as soon as he got close enough, he knew you were his mate and the others mate as well. Knowing his pack could also smell you he didn't have to worry about them attacking you. They needed to keep you safe and out of harm's way, their only part of the plan was to help track down Yeonjun for Bangtan. They weren't here to attack anyone knowing it was Bangtan's revenge alone, but with the 6 wolves mourning the death of Taehyung they knew that if you were in the way Bangtan wouldn't care. He watched you carefully analyzing how you looked up at Yeonjun to see what he thought. Seeing your eyes on someone else pissed him off to no end, almost making him lose it right then and there.

"Stay on that side and don't talk to us." Yeonjun glared, suddenly grabbing onto your hand to pull you closer.

A loud growl erupted through the forest as soon as Yeonjun's hand came in contact with your skin. Wolves emerging from behind the trees, running straight towards the two of you. Worrying a bit about the man across the water you turned to see if he was okay, only to see him jump across the river and turn into a large wolf mid air.

"Stay behind me there's too many!" Yeonjun shouted to you.

"There's 14 we're gonna die, I'm not staying behind you"

The wolves were slowly stalking closer and closer to you from all angles, most likely getting ready to tear the both of you to shreds. You didn't want to die, especially not like this and you could tell Yeonjun didn't want to either. A tear slipped down his face making you frown  so you did the only thing you could think to do, make fun of the situation to lighten up the mood.

"I cant believe i've only know you a day and your already sending me to my death Yeonjunnie"

You could've sworn one of the wolves growled at the nickname but you decided to ignore it. There was no malice in your tone when you'd said it, making Yeonjun laugh loudly. He brushed the tears off his face smiling at you, before shouting to the wolves.

"COME ON MUTTS WHATA YA WAITING FOR?!" He screamed.

Snarls and growls were heard all around probably at the use of the word 'mutts' before two wolves came charging at Yeonjun and you. As soon as it happened two others came running forward but it almost seemed urgent for the other two like they were in a panic to arrive first. One of the wolves pounced on Yeonjun, knocking you over, causing you to slice your hand with the knife you held. A larger wolf snapped at the one on top of Yeonjun before coming closer to you. You immediately started crawling backwards trying to get away from the wolf as it wouldn't stop walking closer to you. A loud scream rang throughout your ears making you wince. Six of the wolves were on Yeonjun biting and scratching at him, making him scream out in agony. You knew you couldn't wait any longer, you needed to do something. Four wolves were stalking towards you while the other four stood a little farther back watching the scene. With a quick glance behind you you'd decided getting swept away by the river's current was better than being puppy chow. You quickly jumped forward off the ground pushing yourself into a standing position. You lunged forward a bit stabbing your knife into the closest wolf, making a loud howling whine release from it, before turning and jumping into the rushing water. You waited to be plunged underwater unable to breathe but it never came, instead a large mouth clamped around your thigh. He hadn't bit down hard enough to cause harm, only enough to catch you from slipping away. Looking at the wolf's teeth clamped around your thigh you became dizzy and went limp in his mouth, losing your vision.