Chicago, 1987

A/N: Another collaboration with MeganPerk89 ... after seeing a recently resurfaced interview with Jen, where she said she did not only see David on stage in Chicago before Friends but met and lov...adored him... we asked ourselves: what could have happened back then? Were they hiding something? This is one of the versions that sprung our minds! Enjoy and hello from the US and Germany ❤❤❤

David was still a little pumped up as he usually was when he had been on stage. He still was not able to really fathom that he really was on his way to make THIS his profession. He loved the adrenaline that rushed through his veins every time he stepped into the spotlight. The uncertainty if everything would go as planned this time... if he would remember his lines, if he would get the timing right in the scenes... you could rehearse all you want, but it all had to work out on point... no second chances...

Acting had been his passion ever since he was a school boy and he was over the moon that he got to pursue this career now... and it wasn't looking too bad for him. The theatre group was doing great, and they actually were in the process of forming a company based on what they did.

He loved his buddys, their collaboration was enriching and also seemed to resonate quite well with their audience. He was not sure if this was going to be his job for the rest of his life - working on stage, maybe even directing plays - or if he would maybe try and even step infornt of the camera. He had recently talked to a few agents that had ensured him there might be chances for that, and who had offered to connect with him, but nothing had really come from it so far... he decided to just wait and see what happened.

After tonight's show, he entered the foyer, where they usually held gatherings with parts of the audience that stuck around, simply because it had proofed useful just to show your face in case someone noticed you and maybe just get into contact with interesting people. They were all young, upcoming actors, and with a little luck and the right connections, one of them might actually make it... not that fame was something he necessarily wanted to achieve, but it would be nice to simply make a solid living off acting without doing side jobs or relying on his family...

He looked around and did not see anybody of significance at first glance. Then he went over to his buddy Stephen and asked him, just in case he missed someone:

"Hey, Colbert, anyone of interest here tonight?"

"Nah, Schwimmer, slow today. But at least the show was good."

When he let his gaze wander over the gathering of maybe 50 people, he spotted a girl over at the bar that shyly smiled at him. He had never seen her before, but he was immediately captivated by her intense blue eyes. Her dark blond locks fell over her shoulders to her back, and her smile immediately made his heart skip a beat. Her black shirt and her jeans complimented her petite form, and from what he could tell, she had the curves in all the right places....

"Stephie, have you ever seen her before? Please dont make it to obvious...", he asked, nodding his head into her direction.

Stephen let his gaze wander over the room and discreetly peeked over to the bar.

"I think she came with this other girl, who seems to be friends with Eva... don't know anything about her. But she sure is a treat for the eye... and she is definitely looking at you..."

"Do you think I should go and talk to her?", David asked.

"Oh come on, Schwim. What are you waiting for... good luck!", Stephen winked at him.

David tried to stride over to the bar as casually as he could, trying not to look at her. For some liquid courage, he quickly downed the beer that Stephen had given him. Then he put the bottle down at the bar, standing about 2 feet away from her, trying to play it cool. Thankfully, the person in charge of the drinks was currently busy at the other end, so he took a deep breath and turned his head to look over to her, only to see she shyly looked down at her glass as soon as he turned his head. He smiled at her, then spoke.