31

Warning, talk of abuse.

Jeno's week has been amazing, he feels like he's floating. The woman at the pastry shop is amazing and so sweet. Her name is Wendy and she is such a hard worker and loves her business like it's her own child, since she never had any. She didn't even flinch when he walked in after school in his uniform skirt. She was even kind enough to ask about his pronouns. She has already taught him a few things and even last night, helped him with a recipe for dinner that he could make for Jaemin. This is why, even though he won't tell Jaemin, that he wants to get home before him. He happily works hard for Mr. Jung, grading the quiz from today. He hums happily, it's enough for even his teacher to notice.
"What's got you so happy today?" He asks with his face in the white board as he's preparing tomorrow's notes. Jeno looks up and smiles softly, thinking about how nice it's been over the last week.
"I don't know, I'm just happy I guess. School work has been slow this week, I got a job at the best little pastry shop. You should go sometime, it's amazing." He sighs happily.
"What about your boyfriend? Things must be good with him too?" Jeno's lips form a straight line.
"We aren't boyfriends but I don't really want to talk about that." Mr. Jung nods and smiles kindly.
"Of course, I understand. But if he hasn't asked you yet he's blind. You are a great person." Jeno smiles sadly.
"He's been nothing but perfect and again, I don't want to talk about it." He says with a little more edge to his voice. Mr. Jung's hands go up.
"Sorry, sorry. I didn't mean to pry really. I was just making conversation." Jeno sighs.
"I know I'm sorry, it's just, anything but that." He agrees and it goes silent for a little while.
"I'm done with these and I'm going home now." Jeno says, bringing the papers up front.
"Ok, thank you for your help. Do you want a ride tonight?" Jeno shakes his head quickly.
"No thank you, I'm ok. See you later." He says as he waves, walking out the door. Mr Jung smiles and continues working as Jeno takes off in a happy run to the gym. He sees Jaemin warming up on the side and waves to get his attention, which works immediately. They walk to each other and Jeno's infectious smile is splitting his face, Jaemin can't get enough.
"Hi, beautiful. You look so happy today." Jeno nods and hugs him.
"I am, and seeing you makes it even better." He whispers making Jaemin's cheeks turn colors.
"I just came to wish you good luck and see your face before I leave." He kisses Jaemin on the cheek and backs away. Jaemin's blush is still present so Jeno puts his hands on his cheeks.
"Cutie." He says softly, happy to finally get Jaemin back for all the times the roles were reversed.
"Yeah, are you sure you can't wait so I can drive you?" Jeno shakes his head no with a smile.
"Ok, be safe. I lo, uh yeah just be safe ok?" He says awkwardly after realizing his almost slip up.
"I will." Jeno says before he leans in and leaves a soft kiss on the others lip.
"For luck." He says with a sweet smile as he watches the goofy grin take over Jaemin's face.
"It's just practice but thanks." He says softly.
He thanks him with a soft hug and backs away to go practice.
When he finally brings himself to leave the gym he has to stop to control his heart. Hearing the casual, domestic way that Jaemin almost said "I love you" did things to him that he doesn't know how to recover from.
As he gets to the bus stop on the corner he starts to feel a little uneasy, he looks around after feeling like he's being watched. He tries to Will away the chill bumps on his arms as the bus finally comes. He looks around to see a few people from his neighborhood which eases him a lot and he sits by the front. He always worries when he takes the bus that he would be a target for bullying or worse a hate crime but he doesn't tell anyone else that. He doesn't want to have to live in fear over everything, he already has enough with the monster and all the shameful things he's done.
The ride home, he goes over his notes he took from Wendy for the recipe and how to make it really good. He gets off the bus and greets a neighbor good night as he walks up to his house. He unlocks the door and locks it again immediately after getting inside. He hums happily as he goes to shower. He rushes a little so he can make sure to get everything done. He puts on his soft baby blue hoody and black leggings.
He busies himself with preparing to cook when he notices his phone light up. He goes to read the text and drops his phone before he himself drops to the floor to hide. It's a picture of him at both bus stops and of his house. They keep coming in, pictures from different angles and distances until finally it rings. He gasps and doesn't answer at first then he remembers who he's dealing with. When he calls back he puts it on speaker and leaves the phone a decent distance away. At first it's quiet and he wonders if he intended to actually call, then he speaks. He has a voice changing device, he can tell.
"Baby boy, daddy is watching you. I'm coming for you. I can't wait to actually touch your precious soft skin and take your innocence." Jeno is crying uncontrollably but finally manages the courage.
"My b-brother will be here any minute. Go away, please don't hurt me. I've done everything. I just want to be free." He cries more as he hears the phone hang up. He takes it and crawls to the hall closet and sits hugging his knees in fear. He quickly dials Renjun, it immediately goes to voicemail. He then calls Jaehyun and Taeyong, neither answer.
When his mind goes blank and his phone is close to dying he dials Jaemin.
"Jaem, please come home. I'm scared." He says into the voicemail. He knows he's practicing and realistically won't answer but this at least comforts him some as he continues to whisper through his tears.
"I feel like, this is it. I'm going to die. I didn't want it to be like this. I want you here. I need you. I'm so scared, so scared." He stops and cries into the phone for a long time. Not knowing what to say.
"There is someone here, I'm being watched. I just I know this is it and I want you to know that I love you. I didn't want to tell you over the phone b-but I may not get the chance to do it in person. I love you so much, I wanted you to be my first everything and I wanted to grow old with you and hold you every night and, oh my god oh my god." He stops talking and cries into his knees with the phone still on until it dies.
He stays in a ball, hidden in the closet, waiting for that man to come bursting through the door.