A Tale of The Adepti

"ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴊᴜᴅɢᴇ ᴀᴅᴇᴘᴛɪ ʙʏ ʏᴏᴜʀ ᴍᴏʀᴛᴀʟ ɪᴅᴇᴀʟꜱ"

>A Tale of The Adepti

"Have you guys heard the tales of the traveller who became an Adepti?" The storyteller, who entertained those that stopped by for a cup of tea, asked the group. 

Most of the people there haven't, but you have. The history of how they came to Liyue was still unknown. Not a soul knew where they had come from. Though some believed they descended from Celestia to protect us.

And so the story began.

Calm nights in Liyue were a common occurrence. Behind the city that worked hard to meet its peoples needs, are entities that worked even harder to keep them safe. People knew of the existence of the Adepti, though no one really knew of their capabilities, since they didn't show themselves very often.

Barely anyone can ever say they have seen a member of the Adepti. They kept to themselves most of the time, only arriving once help was needed. To fulfil the agreement they made with the Geo Archon, Rex Lapis many years ago.

The Adepti were first introduced to Liyue during the Archon war. They fought alongside Rex Lapis to protect the City of Contracts. Though, the people of Liyue still worshipped the Illuminated Beasts that stop evil entities from ruining their peace. They were like deities.

In the world of Teyvat, The Adepti were considered a "lower-rank" than humans, even though they were worshipped like the gods. Because most of them did not take on human forms. Except a few. Like the Yaksha for example.

Humans could obtain the status of "Adepti" but they must first complete the trials of the earth and the heavens. The trial of the earth was taken in the Taishan Mansion, to complete the trial, you must make it out of the Domain of Mastery alive. The trial of the heavens, unlike the trial of the earth, was unknown.

Even before you can complete the trail of the earth, you must first find the Taishan Mansion, hidden beneath the waters of a small lake somewhere in the mountains of Liyue. But let's not stray too far from the path just yet.

The story is just beginning.

{From this point on, the story is told from the POV of Y/n. If it was unclear, this story is being told to others by the storyteller you see in Zhongli's demo video. Just wanted to clear up any confusion! Happy reading :))}

"How much longer is this trail, I'm tired!" Y/n's little sister, Charlotte, complained.

"We just started, if you're going to complain, you can go back home" you loved to adventure, so having my sister nagging about the length of this trip is tiring.

My family is not from Liyue, we moved here a few years ago from the region of Fountain. My sister did not take the move very well. But you were excited to be able to go out and explore a new part of Teyvat.

"But I'm tired." Charlotte whined again.

"Then go home!" you turned around to face her.

"I don't know how to get home by myself." she said. Crossing her arms and stared at me angrily.

"Well that sounds like your fault for not paying attention to the track" you turned back to face the way you were walking.

"You're supposed to be the one taking care of me." Charlotte whispered under her breath.

"Well it's not my fault that you hate living here" you replied. She was surprised you heard her.

"You're the one that asked mom to move here anyway! So it is your fault!" Charlotte was now screaming. Screaming so loud that the people in the city could probably hear her.

"If you're going to yell at me, you can stay here until someone finds you." you bluffed. you wouldn't actually leave her here all by herself.

"Fine, I will then." she sat down on the dirty path, arms still crossed and eyes closed.

"Ok then, Bye." you walked down the path a little until she couldn't see me.

Charlotte looked frantically around for me. "No, Wait up for me Y/n!!" She stood up and began running in my direction.

"That's what I thought" you said to her when she buried her face into my side in a hug.

The Path you had chosen to take on today was mostly uphill, so Charlotte and you took many breaks for water and a snack. Though as we got higher and higher in the mountains, Charlotte began to admire the view of the land.

Her eyes widened when we arrived close to the top, carefully stepping onto a ledge that was conveniently formed as the mountain aged over time.

"Be careful, i don't want you getting hurt" you told her as she continued stepping towards the edge.

"Yeah yeah" was all she said back to me.

And she fell.

you ran to the edge to try and catch her, but Charlotte was nowhere to be seen. There was no way she would have fallen all the way by this time. What happened? My hands covered my face in disbelief. My sister was gone.

Devastated, this was all my fault. If i would have listened to her the first time, when she asked to go home. This wouldn't have happened. How would you explain this to my parents?

you sat down on the ground, away from the ledge, contemplating, wishing you had listened to her.

"Hello Y/n's" you heard her voice.

Great, now I'm going crazy. Or maybe her ghost is haunting me already. Which... in the end... would make me seem crazy.

"Look at me" her voice was angry. Sent shivers down my spine. you looked behind me.

Charlotte was sitting in the arms of a boy. His hair was a dark shade, but contained teal undertones. The aura that surrounded him was black, but it as well had some teal accents floating around. He wore a mask.

The mask faded as he put my sister down. She ran over to me. But the boy left without a word. you wanted to thank him, but he disappeared out of thin air.