𝟏 | 𝐓𝐄𝐒𝐓 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐔𝐋𝐓𝐒

PROLOGUE:

┏━━━━━━━━━━┓
1 | test results
┗━━━━━━━━━━┛

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

a crowd ahead of you started to evolve, students clamoring and jostling to be able to catch a glimpse of the freshly released exam scores

a crowd ahead of you started to evolve, students clamoring and jostling to be able to catch a glimpse of the freshly released exam scores. taking a deep breath, you fixed your gaze on the ever-growing mob, bracing yourself for the frenzy you would endure. plunging yourself into the fray, you tried to navigate through the bodies pressed onto you, muttering apologies in the process.

minutes that stretched into an eternity of a constant struggle against the unforgiving tide, and as the seconds passed - you were getting fed up and uncomfortable with the little space you had to yourself, staying determined you turned relentless and forced your way to the front of the crowd. taking a step forward, you distanced yourself from the crowd revealing the board etched with names and numbers thus starting your pursuit of finding your own name.

behind each name was a person, one who may have spent hours upon hours to have themselves move up the hierarchy of self-proclaimed intellectuals. each endured triumphs and failures, hopes and fears of the exams and to see if their efforts had brought even a sliver of satisfaction.

amidst the chaos, you found yourself brimming with anticipation as your eyes scanned the board, wanting to be part of those who relieved their hours of work had paid off for something that seemed so insignificant to many but to you, meant everything. frustration soon replaced your emotions as the names started to blur into each other, straining your eyes as the crowd behind you pressed closer. their impatience translating into more careless collisions. each interruption steering you away from the attempt of finding your name.

until finally, there it was your name. in a place you had grown accustomed to. first place. emotions swirled in you, glee shined through your features in which you celebrated your victory with a small smile as you clenched your hands. it had been worth it, the numerous obstacles that had threatened your progress had been overcome and allowed you to stand today as a victor. pausing your victory you noticed a familiar name just below yours, you... tied first?

kunikuzushi.

the name that would be whispered through the corridors, sending faint echoes that gave a slight hint of familiarity however you were unable to put a face to the name. a single memory had burst through. yoimiya, a good and dear friend to you, had mentioned his nickname - scaramouche. a giggle escaped your lips, acknowledging the obvious connection to the 'clown' from an italian play.

with the association new in your mind, more recollections were recalled, unveiling countless rumors that had been woven into his name. gossips of a vivid portrayal of the boy: fights, manipulation, and his infamous temper which became a clear reason for his reputation to plummet and to be disliked by many.