Always

For the past twenty years its been a game. A spy game of sorts, following eachother around in a never ending game of hide and seek. Watching eachother from a far, hardly communicating when in eachothers presence. Im not sure i'd have it any other way. He's out in the open, laying on his back in a pile of soft moss, the green cushioning his body. His chest is bare, exposed to the sun with his eyes closed. With a smile, I come down the small waterfall, my green gown dips into its coolness, deepening the color of the fabric. I watch him smile, waiting for me. He always gets me, my heart thumping as a smile comes across my face, laying down next to him in the beautiful moss. He smiles, teeth shown as he sighs, looking over to me with his eyes partially open.

"Well, if it isnt my favorite person."He says, arm laying across my stomach. I smile, fingers finding their way through his hair, the wind calm, moving the little wisps of hair near his face. I press a kiss to his forehead, making his face flush pink. He stares up at me, a look of familiar admiration on his face. "I missed you."He rasps, sitting up and grabbing his white shirt, pulling the sleeves over his muscular arms.

Its only been a few hours.

He chuckles, his fingers turning as he buttons up his shirt. "And what has that got to do with anything?"He asks, leaning forward. I stare back at him, smiling.

I think its cute that you missed me.

He rolls his eyes, groaning as he falls back into the moss. "You know, I think that Ikaris fancies you."He says, making me raise my eyebrows.

That's not quite right, not one bit. I think that you're fuzzy brained.

He cracks a grin, nodding. "You think?"He asks. He's beautiful, he's kind, he's funny but he's got a fuzzy brain. Always seeing things that arent there. But everyone must have a 'flaw' if you could ever call it that. Before we can begin to enjoy our time more, Ikaris emerges from the trees.

Well, from above the trees, landing on the ground. "Ajak says that we must begin to move again, in three days time."he says, looking at me. He doesnt address Druig, doesnt even look at him.

Deviants?

Ikaris nods, blinking away sleep still. "She thinks that they've headed East as the human population grows,"He says, stepping down from the higher up stones. "I bet you're thrilled about that."Druig replies. Ikaris gives him a warning look, his jaw clenched.

You know, theres new animals out in the East. New birds.

It's true, from how far i've steered birds of my own. And there's too much tension for anyone to handle, someone might as well calm it. And that someone wont be either of these men. Druig nods, tilting his head. "And how do you find this out?"He asks.

I have my ways.

Ikaris clears his throat, looking displeased. "Be back to the domo by dusk."He says before taking off once more. Druig laughs, holding it in as Ikaris spoke. "You see what I see now? He hardly looks my way, you're his focus."He says.

Maybe he just doesnt like you. Can you imagine?

"Hardly."He replies. He stands up, holding out his hand. "Take me on an adventure.'He suggests as I take his hand. This is our favorite thing to do, explore the land and watch as animals rome the woods. Theres something so intimate about learning things together.

To where, darling?

His arm is linked in mine as we move through the woods, coming to another river. It's shallow, flat stones and little crystals coat the bottom.

"Well, if I knew, that wouldnt be much of an adventure. Would it?'he asks, moving his arm so only our pointer fingers are intertwined. I step into the shallow river,dragging him behind me. The water is rough and cold, crashing against my skin. he's calm, following me. With a grin, I turn my arm and push him into the water, making him let out a surprised shout as the water coats his body, leaving his shirt clinging to his skin. He grabs at my leg, pulling me down with him. He splashes me, smile big. "Brelione, always causing problems aren't you?"he asks. I move my hand up, sending a water tentacle up to hit him lightly.

Always.