author's note

Hi everyone!!!

Welcome to my book!

I'm so happy to be able to introduce you to this book. This is my second book, but it's the first romance I've written.

I want to make it clear that I will be writing this book at the same time as the other one, which means that the updates may not always be regular. Especially since I'm pretty busy with work and school. However, I will do my best to write as much as possible for you!

Although this book is in English, I'm actually French so if I make any mistakes, I'd be grateful if you could point them out to me, without being unpleasant or insulting. Thanks :))

Synopsis

What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else?

Even worse.
She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one who thinks she's above everyone else and that all the guys have fallen for her.

So I decided to hit him harder. The only thing that would piss him off more than seeing me with another guy would be seeing me with this guy. Because no one likes it when the enemy takes away something that used to be ours, not even when we left it behind as if it wasn't worth a penny.

He hates him and it would be the perfect revenge. It really would if I didn't hate him even more.

Growing up with the person you hate most in the world just because he's your brother's best friend is hard enough.

Then imagine asking him to fake date you in order to make another guy jealous... Hopeless, huh?
And yet, I did it.
We did it.

Tropes

— Enemies to lovers

— Fake dating

— Brother's best friend

— Angry love confession

— Jealousy

— "Who did this to you?"

— "If you touch her again I swear I'll..."

— Speaking to each other in foreign languages

... and many more!

Playlist

Main artists : The Weeknd, Chase Atlantic, Lana Del Rey, Florence + The Machine, The Neighbourhood, Arctic Monkeys, Harry Styles, Two Feet, Taylor Swift and Cigarettes After Sex.

Warning / Reminders

This book contains sexual scenes and inappropriate language (insults...) that are not suitable for all audiences. If you are not comfortable with either of these two things, then this book is not for you.

This story is mine: I claim all copyrights on it. The names of the characters are very common but I chose them myself so please respect that. Regarding the aesthetics of the characters and the cover, the images were found on Pinterest but the edits were done by me.

Every detail of this story is from my imagination, so even if the characters have similarities with other characters from other books or if some scenes look familiar to you, then it is purely coincidental. I will never copy someone else's work and I hope that no one will do that to me.

There will also be dual pov : Emily's and Luke's.

On that note, I hope you'll enjoy this book as much as I do! And thank you for reading it!!

— love you all  <3