Farewell

When your eyes started to flutter open, you had expected to see the white-haired boy by your side. Instead, your parent's figures were standing near your bed. It seemed like they were talking to the doctor.

"I see. Thank you, doctor." Bowing, the doctor headed out of the room as you tried to sit up.

"(Y/N), you're awake, thank goodness." Hugging you close to her body, your mom smiled at you. "I was so scared to come home and find you collapsed in the backyard."

"Mom, where's Kazuha?" Looking around the room, not a trace of the boy was anywhere to be found.

"Kazuha? Who's that? Did you hit your head too? Should we call the doctor again?" Realizing your parents had no recollection of your lover, you quickly clamp up. He was gone. He promised to be here when you woke up. Tears welled up at the corner of your eyes.

"I guess it was just a dream I had." Lying to your parents was the last thing you wanted to do, but there was no way to explain how a game character had popped into your world.

"Okay... well, the doctor said you were fine to go. Your dad and I are going to go fill out your papers and grab your things. Get changed and we'll be back." Nodding at you, the two adults left the room. It was then that sniffles came out of your mouth. Droplets of water had started to fall on your hands and sheets as it hit you. Kazuha was truly gone. He wasn't even here to say goodbye.

. . .

"Did you get everything, (Y/N)?" As your mom came back into the room with a packed backpack, she smiled at you. It fell as she saw your puffy red eyes. "What's wrong?" Quickly embracing you, your mom shushes at you.

"Nothing. Just a really good dream I wanted to go back to." Your mom had just given a small laugh as she pats your back.

"Let's go, your dad is in the car waiting." As she walks out the door, you scan the room one last time. The last room you had seen Kazuha. That's when you noticed the bright red maple leaf. Picking it up, you realized it wasn't a real one. Instead, it was made of thin, light metal. Running your finger over the runes engraved in the back, there was a soft click before the runes had it up. As they glowed red, a little hologram had popped up. They were filled with the memories of you and Kazuha. They were real. He was here and it wasn't just a silly dream you had. When the hologram was coming to an end, Kazuha's nervous face had come up. He was dressed in his samurai attire as he smiled at you.

"Beidou, are you sure this thing works?" His voice was as clear as day.

"Yes, Kazuha. I got that from the merchant from Sumeru. Really generous guy, that one." A low laugh had reached your ears as Kazuha turned back to you.

"Ahem, then, (Y/N), I'm sure you've woken up by now. I'm truly sorry I couldn't be there when you first opened your eyes. I wish I could have held your hand until you woke up and kissed your forehead when you saw me. I didn't realize my time in your world was so short, nor did I realize it flew by as I hung out with you. Star, you are the most special person to me. The one who shares my pain, my happiness, and everything I could offer. I found this on my desk... thank you." The boy's slender fingers had held up a string of glass maple leaves. It was a charm you had made him one night when you were sure he was asleep. "I'll keep it with me always. That's assuming Beidou can find me a good mage to enchant it."

"I HEARD THAT!" A yell was heard on the other side and it made you giggle.

"Anyways, Star, this device can be used to communicate between worlds. Leaving a message in it will send to the other device in my hand. It works like how phones do, just not as fast. We can only leave messages and the further away from the world, the slower you'll receive the message. I really miss you, (Y/N). Please never forget that I'll be thinking of you while looking at the same stars I confessed to you under." With that, the room went silent as Kazuha's gentle smile stuck in your head. With newfound confidence, you step out of the hospital room.

. . .

A soft ring comes from the maple leave device in Kazuha's hand. Running his finger over the runes, the boy smiles as he listens to the message you had left for him.

"I love you."

Super short goodbye, I know. I wasn't really sure how to end this but I wanted it to be sweet and cute. At first, I wasn't sure if Kazuha should have left before the reader woke up but somehow I decided it would be nice to have a different ending than that of my previous books. Anyways, just because this book has come to an end doesn't mean your story ends here! I'm sure there will be a Kazuha rerun and I will be back with part 2 of this book. As I mentioned before, since it's Xiao's rerun, the part 2 of that book is coming very soon! I hope to see you all there and I wish all you Xiao and Shenhe wanters become Xiao and Shenhe havers!! Have a great morning/day/afternoon/evening/night!!