Chapter 5 - mickey and goofy

Steve had made me feel a lot better. I was walking too Two-Bits house to give him his letter. I've never seen Two-Bit cry so this might be a first. I kept talking to myself the way there. I was talking to Soda. I knew he was listening. I don't know how but I just knew. I was talking about all the places I wanted to travel too. And how I wanted to get a camera start taking pictures of all the places I went. Before I knew it I was at Two's house. My mouth was dry. I fixed my posture and walked onto the porch. I knocked and I heard tumbling around. I saw the door knob move and the door opened. Two-Bit saw me and a little bit of life was brought back to his face. He greeted me and let me in. We sat on the couch just talking and catching up. I waited for the conversation to end.
"Hey, Two-Bit? I have something for you. And we really need you too read if. Please? For me?" I looked up at him. A bit of confusion was brought upon him. I reached into my bag and shuffled through until I found the letter that had his name. I passed it too him.
"Y/n, what's this?" He asked.
"It's a letter. A letter from Sodapop." I answered. The room went quiet. He looked up at me in shock.
"S-Sodapop? Sodapop wrote this?" Two-Bit stuttered.
"Yeah.. and I really need you too read this. Please." I replied. He looked down at his feet giving him a minute to think, then he grabbed the letter and fixed his posture.

Dear Two-Bit,

Hello! It's Sodapop. And if you're reading this I guess my time has come. No more watching Mickey Mouse till 3 in the mornin, no more making a dozen chocolate cakes a day. But hey. Just because I can't do those things doesn't mean you can't. Gosh man, I'm gonna miss you so much. I hope everything is ok. And if it's not, that's alright. But don't keep it that way forever. I want you to live a little. As much as you can. You have so much character left in ya. You have enough character to show to the whole world! You know how one time you said you wanted to be a comedian? Go for that. I know you can do it cause golly, you can sure make me laugh any day. Please know I will always be with you. Please keep watching Mickey Mouse but not till 3 in the morning. Try and get some sleep. Keep making your delicious chocolate cakes. Hey, maybe share that recipe to the whole world. I'm sure there's lots of people who wanna know how to make an amazing cake like yours. Also, please check up on Steve and y/n. I need you guys to all stick together. For me. I love you two-bit. Live your life to the fullest and never care about what anyone thinks of you.

Your dearest, Sodapop

His hands were shaking. His eyes were glossy. He held the letter close to his heart and looked at me,
"Thank you." He said softly to me with a raspy voice. I gave him a small smile. He placed the letter on the coffee table covered in beer cans and pulled me into a hug.
"We can do this. Don't you worry bout it y/n" he whispered softly. Gosh. I hope everyone reacts this kindly. Gosh. Two-bit is one amazing man I tell you.
"I'm sorry for the short visit. But I have to go play mail-man some more. I love you so much Two. I'll pop by later alright?" I say as I tie up my shoes and head out the door. The fresh air blew in my face as I breathed it all in.

Welp. Off too the hardest one yet. Dallas and Johnnycake.