Chapter 1: Welcome To Racoon City

A little over a year ago you were rescued from horrible living conditions by Chris Redfield. You had no family and nowhere to go so Chris took you home to his sister, Claire. You instantly bonded with her and she became a motherly figure. A couple of months ago on your 11th birthday Claire surprised you with adoption papers. She might've only been 19 but she was ready to be your mom. You were now y/n Redfield, an official member of the Redfield family. You were comfortable with Claire and soon started calling her mom without hesitation, which made Claire happy. Your uncle Chris had disappeared for a good amount of weeks and your mom went to go look for him so obviously you came along. You were on the back of her motorcycle, the helmet on your head was luckily covering it from the rain that was pouring. Your mom was wearing her red leather jacket. For your birthday you also got one but it had 'Redfield' on the back in black letters. You were wearing it to keep you warm from the rain and cold wind. Soon your mom's motorcycle needed gas so she stopped at the nearest gas station. You filled her tank up for her while she talked on the phone in the phone booth to a friend back home. You finished filling the tank and put the pump back, putting the cap back in place on the bike. Your mom finished her conversation and you could hear her mutter something to herself but you didn't know what. Just then you heard what sounded like glass shattering coming from inside the convenience store. You looked at the store and then at your mom. She motioned her hand for you to stay behind her. She creaked the door open and said "hello? Anybody here? Hello...?". She picked up a flashlight she found on the ground and used it to see in the completely dark store. Soon you found what looked like a police officer on the ground with blood on him. "Are you okay?!" your mom asked when she saw him. He just pointed to the back of the store. She turned to you and said "y/n/n wait here and keep an eye on him. I'll be right back". You nodded and sat with the police officer. The officer slumped over a little and you put your hand to his neck, checking his pulse, there wasn't one. You started to panic and tried preforming CPR on him until you heard a low growl from him. You backed away slowly and then you saw him come back as a bumbling idiot. Then more people that sounded like him entered the store. "Mom!" you screamed, clearly frightened. Claire heard you scream and her heart dropped. She rushed out to you and saw the monsters. She shot them with her handgun and they stumbled away from you. She quickly took your hand and lead you to the door. It quickly swung open though and there stood what looked to be another police officer. He pointed his gun up at you and your mom put her hands up saying, "woah, don't shoot!". "Get down!" the male screamed and you did as you were told. Your mom covered your ears as the guy shot his gun off at one of the monsters. She quickly stood and gripped your hand firmly, saying "we gotta get out of here!". "Are you guys alright?" the man asked. Your mom looked down at you as you stared into space, "yeah...I think so...thanks". "You can thank me later, when we're safe" he says. Your mom pulls you to the police car and has you sit on her lap, quickly slamming the door as the monsters surround you. "Hold on!" the man says. He reverses you out of there and gets you back on the main road. "What the hell is going on?" your mom asked the nice man. "I don't know... Hopefully, they'll have some answers at the police station" he answers. "Wait, you're a cop?" your mom questions. You finally lift your head to look at the man. "Yeah, Leon Kennedy. You are...?" he asks you and your mom. "Claire-- Claire Redfield, and this is my son, y/n Redfield" she answers. "Do you guys live around here?" he asks. "No, we're looking for my brother. He's a cop, too" she replies. "Well, it's a good thing we found each other. I don't know what to expect anymore..." he says. You soon see the sign for Racoon City. Soon you were in the heart of the city and you saw tons of unattended cars backed up for miles. There was a male voice speaking over the loud speaker and he was talking about a city wide outbreak and shelters. You looked down at your hands, they still had the police officers blood on them. You had no idea what just happened, you'd never seen anything like it. You tuned out the conversation between your mom and Leon. Soon there's a roadblock and you look up to see that there's isn't anywhere for you to go in the car. Out of nowhere those monsters are attacking the car you're in, trying to get to you. "Leon! We gotta back up" your mom says as she pushes you more towards the middle of the car. You then turn to see headlights and a semi truck headed straight for you, with no plans on stopping. Your mom tries to get out but the door is stuck, you kick it trying to help open it but it won't budge. Soon the truck is hitting you and both you and the car fly forward. You hit your head on the dashboard so when your mom got the door opened she carried you out. Soon the car exploded into flames which snapped you back to consciousness. Then the truck began to burst which sent both you and your mom flying into a nearby car. You slowly get up and so does your mom. "Fuck y/n are you okay?" she asks as she checks you over and then hugs you close. "I...I think I'm okay" you say, a little dazed. Soon you hear Leon's voice screaming for you both. "YEAH WE'RE ALRIGHT! HOW ABOUT YOU?" she screams to him. "I CANT STAY HERE! IT'S NOT SAFE!" he screams back. "GO ON AHEAD! WE'LL MEET YOU AT THE STATION!" she screams as she sees those monsters or zombies coming towards you. She takes your hand in one of hers and her gun in the other. She leads you through a path as zombies try to get to you. You go up some stairs and see the police station. "We're almost there y/n/n" she says and squeezes your hand. She weaves you through zombies and opens the white gates to the police station, quickly locking it when you get on the other side. You take a deep breath, knowing it's over for now. You get into the police station and take a quick breather. "Mom, what are we going to do?" you ask. She cups your cheek and then hugs you "we're going to find our way out of this, I'll keep you safe". She sticks out her pinky and you take it. Promises were your thing, you couldn't break them. You breathed deep and then let it out. You nodded your head confidently, trying to prepare yourself for the hell you were about to walk through.

To be continued...