42

Time skip to the first race of the season

In the long time since the Maldives a lot has happened. Me, Katerina and Amelia had met up a few times in England to catch up and Charlotte joined us a few times as well. Lando had broken up with Emma and we'd been talking here and there. But Lando was still a bit distant, I wasn't sure if he was just heartbroken or if he was still mad at me. The first free practise had gone by already.

***

I heard a knock on the door of my hotel and went to open it. "You ready to go?" George asked as he walked in. "Yeah." I said as I walked towards my room. I grabbed my bag and my phone and walked towards George. "You know we have to be careful if we meet up at the hotel together. And if we walk out together people might think we're dating you know." I said as I grabbed my room key and opened the door for George so I could lock it.

"You've got a point. Maybe we can wait and go get Charlotte and Charles, so we don't look suspicious." George pointed out as I locked the door. "Yeah, or we could just wait for some other drivers down stairs." I said as we walked towards the elevator. George nodded and we got in the elevator. The elevator went one floor down and opened.

Charles and Charlotte stood there. "Omg Char!" Charlotte yelled. She ran in giving me a tight hug. "Hey." I smiled giving her a hug back. "I've missed you." She said. "Me too." I said back to her. Charles and George just laughed. We all got out and walked out side to the car waiting to take us to the track.

***

I walked with George to Mercedes and saw Lando on the way. I gave him a small wave but he just looked away towards his new teammate, Daniel Ricciardo. I shook it off and followed George. Mercedes had said that Hamilton was their other drive to not raise suspicion as to why I left F2 but they told the FIA and the F1 managers so they knew. We got to the Mercedes garage and a manager split me and George up so we can go and get ready

I got dressed up in my race suit and got my helmet. A team met me in the many drivers room and we talked about the car and the strategies for this race week. After a while we heard a knock at the door. "Hey guys, we have to go out for qualifying." George said. "Ok, well be there now." One of the managers said.