Festival

Chapter 38

A lot had happened in a short amount of time. The filming of the trailer was the biggest thing that happened. It wasn't very eventful, other than the onslaught of questions that came when a few of the boys wore the wrong uniform to school. The teachers allowed it, seeing as the uniforms were similar, but it was a close call. During the entire filming schedule, everyone had fun. They messed up the choreography a lot, seeing as they had only learned it one day prior, but eventually they got through it and everyone was able to act out there scenes to their fullest potential.

You weren't with the boys much. You stayed by the camera director. He only followed your direction, doing nothing more than what you asked. That's how it was supposed to go and it was giving you intense anxiety.

You also started on editing the short film clips. You'd been hesitant to start them but you wanted to save time in case you actually made it to the third round. You didn't want to be as stressed as you already were. Not for a second time.

While the boys practiced choreography, you edited the clips together to make them look nice. You couldn't believe you'd shot such a variety of clips in just two days. You'd pulled a bit from a song you wrote a while ago to make a small opening and then you pieced everything together, making sure you included both story telling elements and choreography. It looked very cool so far.

You currently sat in class, last period. The boys would be performing both Crown and New Rules in a festival. It even made you nervous. You'd worked hard on this performance. For this one, you had to be more involved. It required lighting.

You asked Chaewon and Sungmin how to deal with such things. Seeing as it wasn't directly related to the filming of your short film, they helped you.

The festival started relatively late at night, and once again, your group was going very early on. You had to leave early from school to deal with lighting. It was only a small local festival, so there wouldn't be cameras and the lighting wouldn't be advanced, but it was still there. You also had to do rehearsals and then you had 2 different performances. It really was a lot to handle. You were already plotting out how things would work in your head, which wasn't helpful in your lesson.

Honestly, because of the whole Short Film thing, your grades were suffering slightly. You always made time to do homework but your mind was clouded during your lessons and it felt like you were retaining less and less with the amount of song lyrics you'd been scribbling down on the edges of your paper.

You watched the clock with an intense glare and when you heard the classrooms phone ringing, you were already packing up. Kai and Taehyun were doing the same.

When the teacher said your names, the three of you were practically already out the door, walking to the foyer to meet with the others before you left. Before you left the school, you stopped by the costume room and grabbed the clothes that they had left for you, as well as the makeup.

Your arms were full as the six of you headed towards the park that the festival would be held at. It wasn't too far from your school, so you all opted for walking. The walk was completely silent other than the staggered footsteps of the boys who practiced the choreography while walking, mouthing the words to themselves. They were all deep in thought and you were too. You'd written a small cue card for the announcer so they could explain why your group was there.

There wasn't much time left until the second round came and you hadn't been paying much attention to the other competitors, seeing as your group had so many issues of its own. You had no clue how they had advertised or what they were doing to spread the word about their film. All you knew was that your group was in dead last and you needed to accumulate popularity somehow.