Chapter 26 - Beyond pain

In a dark, humid, and in a very quiet place, a person is chained to a chair with a blind fold breathing calmly. He has been asleep for the last 12 hours. The blood that had been coming out of his head was now dry. If anyone would see this person they would say that he would not be alive but in this case they were wrong. Slowly a mumble could be heard from this person. Zhan was now waking up. With a throbbing head and a dry mouth Zhan woke up to complete blindness. It took him a bit to realise that where he was and how he was.

Zhan could not remember much of what just happen a few hours ago. All he knew was that he could not move nor hear any noise other than a few trains that would be passing close by. At first when he could not see anything in front of him he thought that maybe he was blind, since that he had a massive headache. But as soon as he moved his head he realised that he had a blind on and that was the reason for his blindness.

Afraid to make any move since that he was not aware of what was around him, he started thinking about what had happen hours before to get him to be where he was now. Thinking hard as much as he could due to his pain, he gone back to the moment he said goodbye to Yibo and got into the taxi. At first nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Everything was the same as any other day until half way during the trip to the hospital.

~~ Flashback ~~

The taxi was on route for the last 8 minutes when without warning it change direction. Zhan that was on the back seat relaxing, getting ready for another 12 hour shift in the hospital notice the change. The only reason for the route to be changed would be traffic but today it was clear so there was no reason for the sudden change.

Zhan: "Excuse me, I think you are going the wrong way. I need to get to the hospital and this is not the right way, excuse me... excuse me..." As much as Zhan tried to get the drivers attention he was not getting any. He was being completely ignored and this caused Zhan to be on the alert.

He looked around to see if he could find the information on the driver so that he could call Yibo or the police but there was none. Suddenly a laugh brought Zhan's attention back on the driver.

Taxi Driver: "Did you really think that I would let you go away from me to then come back to stay with that man once again?" Zhan realised that he knew that voice. He had heard it before but could not quite pin point who this person was. The driver has dark glasses on as well as a cap which would hide his face. But the moment he finish saying the words he took the glasses and cap off and looked back at Zhan.

Zhan: "HE PENG! Why are you doing this? Please let me go." He Peng laughed. He loved seeing Zhan in complete panic.

He Peng: "I said to you before. You belong to me and me alone. Not that stupid rich boy."

Zhan tried to open the door off the taxi to try and leave but found them blocked. He then picked up his phone to try and call Yibo to let him know but somehow there was no signal.

He Peng: "Did you really think that I would be that stupid and let you call that man... not with this." He then lifted up a signal blocker that would disable any form of signal to anyone close to the taxi.

Zhan knew then that he was in more danger than he could possibly think of. He was stuck on his taxi. After a good look he realised that he taxi looked like a car that had been modified to look like a taxi so most likely the windows could not be broken either. All he could do would be wait for He Peng to take him somewhere and when he would try and get Zhan out. He would fight with all he had.

However what Zhan did not expect was for He Peng to be a lot more fitter than before and there was no way he could fight him alone. In the end He Peng managed to hit his head with something metallic making Zhan unconscious.