The gods complex (Y!DreamXD)

It didn't work.

"Are you like immortal or something?" A pinkette inquired sarcastically. You were covered in a burning orange substance, the sensation almost numbing you entirely. Your eyes traveled from your hands back to the male standing atop a cliff, staring down at you. His pickaxe was resting idol on his shoulder; his other hand reaching in his pocket, most likely searching for something.

"They probably just had a fire resistance potion. Don't be ridiculous, being immortal is your job Technoblade." A voice hummed from behind. Technoblade. That's his name. One of the hands reached out, unidentifiable objects falling down beside you. Two ender pearls were dropped, allowing you to teleport beside the others. You quickly tossed one and began to analyze the two standing besides you.

Analyzing the two, one of which seemed to be a hybrid: A mix of man and pig. The other seemed completely normal, besides the mask covering his face. A smile sketched into it, as a way to hide his current state.

It seemed as if the smile spoke to you, because as you began to look at it, memories began to flood back to you.

"Now come on! You promised to do bowing lessons with me!" The blonde exclaimed, grabbing your arm and dragging you along side him.

***

A tight grip rested on his wrist as he was directed on how to aim his bow. His back laid snug against the others; he welcomed the contact they made. Clay, more commonly known as Dream, let go of the string and hit the bullseye with perfect accuracy. (Y/N) spoke words of praise to him as he took in the melodic voice they had. Soon after this interaction, they went back to directing Dream on how to have more flexibility whilst using the bow. Although he had a few failed attempts, they stayed patient towards him. On the 8th shot, the arrow landed, just on the ring that lay outside of the bullseye.

The dirty blonde's heart practically melted as he heard the words of encouragement the other shared with him. His breath became shaky as he tried to release the utter euphoria he was feeling during the moment. Though his quivering hands didn't go unnoticed, they went unspoken. Nothing like it came into their small talk so (Y/N) felt as if it would be an unnecessary situation of awkwardness. Dream stood there, staring at the (H/C)-nette. Any time they shared together was astonishing to him. Uncontrollably, his hands shook even harder, causing (Y/N) to move away.

"Are you alright?" They asked, grabbing Dreams hand before caressing it. The dirty blonde's face became flushed as the other stood there, pondering why his hand had suddenly become so shaky. Dream savored the feeling of the (H/C)-nette's hand rubbing, ever so gently against his own. A frown crawled onto his face as the other moved their hand away, a sense of dread and emptiness filling his stomach. "Can we continue, Ashik?" They asked, using the nickname they so cleverly came up with. The meaning of the nickname was a misunderstanding. You see, Ashik has 2 meanings. The one the prince was thinking about, has the meaning of 'lover'. Though the one (Y/N) had originally meant was 'Swift and sharp as a dagger'. Even though it had been purely coincidental, it made the dirty blonde even more lovestruck.

***

I watched. I always watched. We'd never spoken before, but god did I want to. They were so perfect; everything about them is amazing. Though they never stopped talking with him. Him over me. Every. Single. Time. I was sick of it. And it needed to change. Fast.

***

Something was wrong. You ignored the feeling so it wouldn't cause any distractions between bowing lessons, but you were aware of the current situation at hand.

To put it simply, you couldn't die.

You've tried numerous ways, lava, anvils, axes, swords, mobs, drowning, starvation, poison, withering, you name it. Anything you say, you've tried. Though no matter what, you couldn't. Potion effects would be given to you, as a gesture to save you, you presumed. And everytime you looked up, you saw Dream. Always smiling and waving; you always said thank you, as a way to show your gratitude. He never responded though.

***

"Hey, thanks for saving me earlier! From the Withered Skeletons, I mean." You suddenly spoke, interrupting the silence between you and Clay. For a moment you thought you saw a confused look, though it was immediately changed into a proud look.

"Of course! You need to be more careful nowadays. Always seems like you're getting into trouble." He shrugged it off, a small chuckle escaping with his last sentence.

What he said really gave you reassurance, because to admit it, you've been quite paranoid about the entire situation. You turned the corner, heading back to your house and waving the blonde goodbye.

***

"Taking credit for work that isn't yours, hm?" The god spoke, his voice Monotonous. The other sighed before turning to face DreamXD. Clay opened his eyes, his smilely face being met with a similar X covering the God's mask.

"What's it matter to you? Why are you interfering with the life of a mortal anyways? Specifically... Them. " Dream spoke, obviously swooning over (Y/N). XD only growled in response to that reaction.

"Why do you care? I gave you the book, that's all you needed. Now leave them alone." The god said, a hint of a threat being present underlining his sentence. To this Dream stepped up, the two of their faces almost touching before whispering,

"And what if I don't?"

***

The familiar black screen slowly allowed the light to enter as you began to open your eyes. The Sun shown bright in your face, though it dimly illuminated the room you were settled in. Instantaneously, you started to try to get up, but a clear obstacle laid in the way.

Your arms were bound to the wall with chains. Light yet heavy, Painfull yet soft, chains. You were unsure of how to react to this, but panic soon began to rise as you saw the entirety of the scenario at hand. Shaking, thrashing, your breathing began to quicken.

"Ah! Angel! You've finally awoken." A door slowly opened, revealing a silhouette in the shape of Dream. Sure he would do the occasional prank, but this took the cake. He took the prank a little too far.

"Haha very funny Clay. Now let me out of these chains." You sarcasticly exclaimed, before rattling the chains again. Though the silhouette didn't move. In fact, you weren't even sure if it was breathing.

"Clay. Clay. Dream. Dream. Ashik. Ashik. GOD YOU DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE ME?! THAT PATHETIC LITTLE PRICK!" The shadow was then thrown to the other side of the room, hitting the wall with a loud crack. Blood splattered all over the place, before the body landed right next to you. You began to analyze the body, interested in who it was and why they were there, playing a part in this bit.

Fear began to rise once more.

The body was real. Belonging to Clay, your best friend, your crush, your everything. His eyes were like a void, no light shining, though seemed to go on forever. Screams began to arise in the air as you desperately kicked away from the body, tears threatening to spill out your eyes.

"Now you can't give him all your attention, yeah? Now it's only me. That's how it should be, and that's how it'll stay."

"I love you Angel."