Demise

"hahaha. Stop mummy". I giggled in my cute 5 year old voice while rolling around in my large bed.

She didn't listen though. She kept tickling me while laughing. She eventually stopped and lied down next to me.

We stared into each other's eyes.

Eyes.

I had an odd pair of eyes. Grey on the right and green on the left. One of the many reasons for my name Aurora.

Mom tells me that she named me Aurora because I was conceived on the night of a beautiful aurora.

I don't know the meaning of conceived but I just smile anyway.

Many people get creeped out because of my eyes. They say it's strange.

Others say it's scary. But mummy says she loves them and they are the preetiest so I like them.

Mummy was singing a lullaby for me and I joined in.

We were soon done and we lied down while staring at each other.

My mom had the most beautiful hazel eyes ever. They always seemed to sparkle.

I kept my little chubby 5 year old hands on her cheeks and said in a serious voice "I love you mummy".

She gave me that beautiful motherly laugh and said "I love you to my butter pup. Always keep shining."

That was something I also didn’t understand. 'butter pup instead of buttercup'

She says it's because I'm cute and chubby like a little pup.

I smile and nod my head slowly drifting of to sleep.

Just as I was about to go to lala land I heard mom whisper 'I'm sorry'.

I frowned and drifted of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I jolted awake after I thought I heard a scream.

I looked next to me and mummy wasn't there.

I rushed downstairs and saw some big men in black beating my mummy.

I rushed to one of them and I was kicked away.

I screamed in pain as I laid there watching them.

For some reason I couldn't get up. I started crying as I watched them rip off moms clothes and pull out their pee machines and putting it in mummies pee machine.

Mummy was screaming and telling me to cover my eyes but I couldn't.

She begged

I begged

She cried

I cried.

When they were done, they took Daddys baseball bat and beat mummy till she stopped crying.

Their leader I think then walked to me and picked up my chin.

He looked me in the eyes and said "I'll be back for you"

He then pushed me away and they left the house.

I laid there unable to move as I cried out to my mom.

She looked at me with a bloodied face and smiled "I - I'm sor-ry pup. *cough* I - lo-ve you"

She coughed vigorously until everything stopped. Everything was silent.

I stopped crying.

I stopped moving

I didn't know what to do

What to say.

Tears trickled down my face with no sound leaving my mouth.

That's when I realized

I had lost my world

My friend

The only one who loved me

My saviour

My mom.

She was gone and I did nothing to save her.

I screamed. In pain. I screamed till my throat run dry. I couldn't move my mouth any more. The tears kept coming even though I was tired.

I wish I could go with her.

But.............

I was stuck in this painful world alone.