New Beginning

I don't know how long I lay there. It felt like centuries but I'm sure it was just some few hours.

I felt the warmth of the sun coming in through the window. But I felt cold inside

I suddenly saw two black boots in front of me. I looked up to find my dad staring at me.

I looked away and felt my body being lifted off the ground.

He carried me wordlessly out of the house. Over his shoulder I could see people carrying my mum and putting her in a body bag.

I felt numb. I watched as we slowly left everything behind. With every step my dad took, I felt a peice of my heart going towards my mom. I wanted to pcry but nothing came out.

I was just tired.

My eyes were dead. I felt like a soulless person. Who knew that was just the beginning of my sorrows.

And my dad.

Ha!

I hadn't seen him for the past two weeks. I wasn't surprised. It had always been that way. He would give mum an excuse and leave for many days.

Sometimes he didn't even say anything. I am even wondering why he is here. It's not like he ever cared.

Heck i think this is the fifth time I'm seeing him ever since I was born(note the exaggeration)

He lay me in the back seat of his car gently and covered me with a blanket.

He went over to the driver's seat and started driving. We drove away leaving mom behind.

And my heart as well.

******************************

I don't know when I fell asleep but I woke up the the sound of a big carish thing with huge fans on top. I think I heard someone call it a helicopter or so.

We got inside it and my dad helped me with my seat belt.

The thing started flying. It was so surreal. This was my first time in the air and it was fun. I started feeling excited when I realized how nice it would be to have mummy here.

I suddenly lost interest and I felt this sudden anger in me. Some kind of rage I had never felt before.

I kept my palm on the seat next to me and I saw the seat melt.

I quickly pulled my hand away very scared. I looked around to make sure no one saw. Luckily no one did.

I gulped and clenched my fist hoping tho prevent it from happening.

We soon got to a large opening in the middle of a forest.

There was a huge door floating like 1 feet above the ground.

Behind the door was nothing.

My dad grabbed my hand and asked "are you ready"

I nodded not sure what he was asking

He opened the door and walked through pulling me along.

I was stunned when we stepped into a magical place which was very beautiful.

I gasped as my little eyes tried to take in every thing around me. I looked at my dad who had a smile on his face

"welcome to Gifita. Realm of the colorful Aurora"

I smiled in awe at the beauty of the place. It was totally breathtaking. The trees were bright green in color and they looked very strong and healthy.

The roads were made of bricks which were yellowish in color
Their color reflected the sunlight which seemed to make the road look golden.

This cast a mystical light onto the sides of the road.

I looked up to the clear blue skies and inhaled the fresh air.

I saw little butterflies and other strange creatures move around

I felt my dad lay a hand on my shoulder which quickly wiped the smile on my face off. I was cruelly brought back to my painful reality. I was alone in this bright world.

Suddenly, the place didn't have as much shine as it did before.