chapter four. arabella

     LILY AND JAMES had outdone themselves

     LILY AND JAMES had outdone themselves. The Gryffindor Common Room was unrecognizable, the burgundy sofas were put at the ends of the room, there were tables for drinks in every corner, and the room was completely tainted red by the carmine lighting. The party would begin in 20 minutes, per the invitations— which were really just all the students older than fifteen being told the welcoming party was at Gryffindors.

Roma was sitting with bottle of firewhiskey at her side, she was clad in a blue satin dress and her hair was pin straight. "Pre-gaming already?" Sirius was looking down at her from up the stairs, "Obviously," She rolled her eyes, "Care to join?"

That led to a lecture from Lily on how they're going to have the hangover of a lifetime the next day, "The party hasn't even started and you two are already drunk!" Lily said exasperated, "Not drunk, just a little tipsy." Sirius giggled, Roma laughed loudly next to him.

There were students beginning to file in, all of them with excitement shining in their eyes. Dorcas, Marlene, and Mary came downstairs from their dorm laughing loudly, Dorcas carrying a bottle of muggle tequila and a glass jar of herbs that Roma did not recognize. "Looks like we weren't the only ones pregaming," Sirius commented, "Welcome to the club, ladies!"

After a while of drinking and smoking the muggle herbs that Dorcas had brought, students had finally began to file in. The party slowly began as more and more people crowded on the makeshift dance floor, the lights being strictly on red — in true Gryffindor fashion. "Let's go dance!" Sirius said startling Roma from a drunken daze, "Alright." She said easily.

     She was in a mesh of bodies, the faint scent of alcohol, the music blasting in her ears, and her body pressed against the back of someone who she hadn't even bothered to turn to look at. He grabbed her swaying hips and pulled her body closer to his, she finally turned around, Milo Davies — a 6th year slytherin was looking at her like a meal, and somehow she didn't hate it. "Let's get out of here," She whispered against him, he didn't hesitate to grab her hand and lead her out of the common room.

They ended up in his dorm, not even bothering to put a tie on the door. It wasn't out of character for Roma to sleep with random people — despite her quiet demeanor and misleading shyness, she wasn't a prude despite what everyone thought.

The morning after she woke with the feeling of something shifting against her, her head was blaring with pain, and her stomach was churning. She opened her eyes and looked around, her eyes landing on the exposed chest of the slytherin, she suddenly remembered all the events of the night before, immediately cursing herself for leaving with a stranger, she could already feel the interrogation from her brother and his friends coming on. She carefully got out of the bed, looking for her clothes, it seemed like her whole closet was thrown all over the room. After getting change she ran out of the room, heels in hand.

"What are you doing?" A voice asked, She turned around and Regulus Black stood leaning against the brick wall. "I don't think that's your business." She replied easily, turning and walking away from him. She could hear his steps following her down the stairs, the sun was barely rising and the slytherin common room was a light emerald from the tinted windows. "What would your brother think of you sleeping with the enemy?" Roma rolled her eyes, "Slytherins are not the enemy, at least not to me," she sighed, "and even then it is not my brothers job to worry about who i'm sleeping with," she said frustratedly walking out of the common room into the empty hall, "and as a matter of fact, I don't think it's much of your job to worry either." He had caught up to her walking next to her, "It's not, but it's fun to annoy you." He said with a shrug, "Goodbye, Regulus." She said once they reached the Ravenclaw common room, "Goodbye, Roma."

a/n

a/n

i bet y'all thought that was regulus for a sec 😭😭 sorry but we're not going that fast😍
vote and comment pls !