Chapter 3

The next morning
Noah walks into the room and looks like he hasn’t slept all night.  
So Chad says trying to make people feel better
“Is it the day of the dead?” Noah says nothing, he just looks at chad. Lizzie and Jessie look at each other,nod, and move to Noah and give him a hug.
“Ack- girls, really I’m fine! Ack-!” says Noah
Jessie says “Shut up. we’re all upset. if you don’t need this, we do.”
Noah sighs. “Fine” He hugs the girls back.
“Come here…”.
A moment of silence follows this until Chad clears his throat and says “Ahem. I’m still here y’know?”
They laugh a little.
Noah gives a small chuckle and asks, “Is there any coffee? I really need caffeine.”
“No! You need sleep.” Lizzie says confidently.
Noah looks annoyed, but sighs and says “You sound like Tom...”.
Another moment of silence is broken by Chad saying, “Welp this is going to be a silent day.”
After Noah gets some rest they go out and have some smores and beer. Noah starts talking about who could be killing everyone.
“Do you think it could be Jason? You know, from Friday the thirteenth?” He says.
Chad starts to think about Jeff “Do you think it might be Jeff?”
Jessie looks at Chad, tilts her head, and says “who in the hell... are you talking about?”
“You know...Jeff the killer? The creepypasta? Associated with slenderman? No? Noah, you know him right? Please tell me you do!” Chad says, barely taking a breath.
Noah thinks for a moment and says “The one with the messed up face, and a white hoodie? I think he kills at night or is that just me?”
“Exactly why I think It’s him! All our friends have been dying, AT NIGHT! Or around night” Chad says with confidence.
Jessie says “No shit people have been dying! but you have a point”
Chad sighs in relief.
“Thank you for believing me. Wait where’s Emory, the dog?” Everyone looks around.
 “I...don’t know…” Lizzie said. “I’ve been so...occupied by Tom’s death…” Everyone sat in silence for a couple minutes before Jessie said
“Well,I don’t know about you, but I’m going to go look for the dog.”
“I’ll go with you.” Noah said. And they both got up, Noah grabbed a flashlight, and they were off into the woods to find the dog.
A few hours later
“See anything?” Noah asked through the tangle of trees and mulch.
“Not yet!” Jessie replied.
“Wait, did you see that?” Jessie said pointing to something in the woods on the ground. Noah shined his flashlight on what Jessie was pointing at.
 “Oh my god!” Jessie gasped. Jessie buried her head in Noah’s shoulder and hugged him.
“Is that...Emory?” Noah asked, shining his flashlight on the limp animal that was laying by the tree. The silent figure of The dog came into view.
“Aw, damn…” Noah whispered under his breath. They stood in silence for a little bit. Noah finally said, “Let’s take him back to camp.”  Jessie said nothing but nodded and grabbed the dog and cradled it in her arms. Silent tears fell from her face as she did so.
Noah, knowing they can’t stay there long and says “We should start heading back. Come on”
A few hours later
“Lizzie look! They’re back!” Chad says. Lizzie looks around enthusiastically. “Hey guys…” Noah says not enthusiastically. “I got deja vu here…” Chad says cautiously. Jessie reveals herself for Noah and shows Emory. Lizzie responded with “Is that..” She starts to cry and runs and grabs Emory and fell to her knees.  
Jessie hugs Noah again and he hugs back. Noah tearing up says “I told you not to love the dog, but it’s too late to say I told you so, because I loved him as well.” They sat in silence for a few minutes until Chad said “I knew it!”
Jessie stops hugging Noah and says “You knew what?”
“Remember how I said it would be a silent day? I was rig-” Chad was interrupted by the sound of a twig break. Noah swung his flashlight around and saw a horrifying sight.
There Harry was. Swinging from a tree.