- aftermath - (last chapter/the one that actually makes sense)

*i removed the previous chapter the one before this one because of the problem with my classmate. Sorry*

Xingqiu's POV:
I woke up the next day as usual, i can still remember the things that happened yesterday, not Chongyun tho.

I continued my day as usual yet i feel like somethings missing it always feels like that, ah- i see, everything doesn't seem real...

Maybe I'm sick, but at the same time the timelimes don't make sense, how can one be stuck in a repeating timeloop? Thats physically impossible!

Things just doesn't make sense anymore, this feels like a dream, but a very real one! At the same time though... it doesn't feel real... this is confusing. I want things to go back normal, please...

Wait...

Because things just goes on and on, over and over again, i can do anything i want right?

*timeskip a few weeks*

Its been going on for way too long now.

So far I've done many things with Chongyun... from the most innocent to the not so innocent things this definitely feels like a dream. Chongyun wouldn't just agree to this that easily, someone please get me out of this timeloop I'm starting to hate this. I've been stuck in my own thoughts, not knowing Chongyun was calling out my name, he shook me a little and i snapped back to reality.

I sighed and started to walk, holding on to Chongyun's hand while walking up to the top of the mountains that has little glowing flowers illuminating the area, it really is a wonderful sight.

Up there was a stone table alongside 2 seats, thats efficient! Using stone as furniture. So it doesn't get damaged by the harsh weather conditions too easily, i took a seat and so does Chongyun, i get stuck in my own thoughts again Chongyun kept calling my name and this time... it felt... REAL?!

I opened my eyes and...

Whats this place? It doesn't look like my room nor Chongyun's...

I looked around and *BAM* the door flew open, its Chongyun?

"Chongyun? Why do you look so panicked?" I questioned.

"XINGQIU, THANK MORAX- YOU'RE ALIVE!!" he shouted, it startled me...

"Hmm? Why wouldn't i be?" I chuckled

We walked over to me and hugged me tightly, embracing me with this farm feeling, it was nice

"Its been 3 years Xingqiu... i miss you" Chongyun started crying

"Why are you crying? I'm very much alive!" I asked

"You had a heart attack and was sent to juju pharmacy to be taken care off by Baizhu" he answered

"Me? Getting a heart attack? No- this can't be real..." i was in the state of shock i was speechless...

"You'll be fine i promise" Chongyun kisses me and hugs me tightly again, that felt warm, I've been waiting for forever to feel that again... "but you still need a few more checkups okay?" He told me "I'll come back here everyday to check up on you" Chongyun smiled at me and told me to go rest.

Days went by and i thought things are going better until Baizhu broke the news to me "Xingqiu... how do i put this... I'm sorry but unfortunately teyvat medicine isn't that advanced to heal your condition i really am sorry, can you please tell the news to your friend also? You only have a few days left to live hard to tell how long though." Hearing that broke my heart even more... I'm gonna leave Chongyun? Am i never gonna meet him again? I want to spend my whole life with him to the fullest, i don't wanna die first. No... not at this age...

But i don't have a choice do i? I'm sorry yun...

A few days went by and i still haven't told him the news, and it went on like that, it was all so happy, he looks so relieved, he looks happy. please forgive me Chongyun this one last time... i feel like the time has come

I took the paper beside my bed and poured all my feelings on it... for him.

I took my final breath and...

Chongyun's POV:
Today i woke up and went to get Xingqiu gifts like i always do but this time it was his birthday it must be special. I got some silk flowers for him and some baked goods... his favorites of course!

As i walked over there it feels strange... its different!

I opened my door and Xingqiu's not on the bed he's gone...

I walked over there and there was a note

Tears rolled down my face not believing that it all just ended

Tears rolled down my face not believing that it all just ended... and there was Baizhu standing besides me "I'm sorry..." he turned around and walked away slowly "A SIMPLE SORRY ISN'T ENOUGH WHY DIDN'T YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH?" i yelled gripping the book Xingqiu left for me, he stopped walking "I'm sorry but there's really nothing i can do, the medicines doesn't work, its not advanced enough" he sighed and walked out, i dropped to my knees and cried for god knows how long...

The flowers i bought for Xingqiu on his birthday turns out to be flowers for his grave... i refused to eat properly and go to school for a few months, nothing can keep me going, i don't even want to hang out with Bennett and Razor, even Xiangling visited me... i lost everything and by everything... i meant Xingqiu.

*timeskip a 6 years*

It was Xingqiu's birthday and the day he died how can such a happy and cheerful day thats filled with joyful moments of us turns out so heartbreaking like this?

I was sitting next to Xingqiu's grave the leaves are falling while the gentle breeze calmed me down, i visited this place often to clear out my mind and to talk to well... Xingqiu.

I still kept your note, its very precious to me, your book too... i filled in every page just like how you wanted me to, i even wrote in a few separate books, i missed you Xingqiu... i really wish i can meet you again, i cried for a good 2 hours and stood up... maybe its because of my pure yang energy that you're not able to get near me. I'm sorry...

I placed the flowers on his grave "Happy birthday... i love you"

I turned around and started walking away...
"Farewell again Xingqiu... if we can't be together in this life why not in another life?" I sighed and then chuckled "i guess we'll just keep trying, i know you're watching over me from someone in the distance" i smiled

"I promise i will keep loving you until the very end Xingqiu."

A/N: i would say I'm quite proud of this last chapter but yup its finished!!