The mysterious wolf

Veronica's POV

Just before I turn back to my place, I saw something that made me stopped breathing. I couldn't believe my own eyes. There it was standing a wolf. A freaking real wolf with black fur and yellow eyes. Is he the one that kills the people? Oh my god, no. I started panicking at the idea but then I remember everything I know about wolfs from the books. It can smell my fear so I took deap breaths and didn't move.

He slowly started coming towards. Fuck, he was huge. It was too late now, I have no idea what to do. He kept a safe distance between us and sat down on the ground looking at me. He didn't want to attack me. Wolfs are wild animals, if he wanted me dead, he would have done it already. I calmed down a little and started thinking about my next move. Maybe if I get him to like me, I could leave easier right? Its better to make him a "friend" than an "enemy". I guess I have to try or else I might die.

Trying to be careful, I went towards him with a slow pace. He didn't move at all and let me did what I wanted. I finally standed in front of him and although he was sitting, we were almost face to face. I gulped, his eyes are looking mine without blinking. I admired his fur, it is so black, how would it feel against my palm? I don't know what come over me but I had the need to feel it.

When I was ready to touch him, he became alert. I took a step back, that wasn't a good move. He got up and I noticed his eyes hardened. I took more step back, as much as I could do but unfortunately my back fell on a tree. Perfect, I was in a trap now. He growled, he was angry, very angry. That's it, I am gonna die.

Out of the blue, I heard another growl. But this one wasn't from the wolf infront of me but it came from behind. I looked behind the tree, full in fear and I was shocked to see another wolf with grey fur and red eyes. Damn it, I am sure I am gonna die now, there is no escaping. To my surprise, the black wolf, come exactly beside me and growled once again at the other wolf. What's going on? Aren't they friends? The black wolf was standing in a protective way while the other in a ready-to-fight way.

 What's going on? Aren't they friends? The black wolf was standing in a protective way while the other in a ready-to-fight way

And then in seconds, the black wolf attacked the grey wolf. I tried my best to be silent and I hugged the tree like my life was depending on it. They were biting each other necks, arms and legs. None was stopping. I watched in fear as the black wolf let out a whimper and was thrown harsly on a tree. The grey wolf turned his whole attention to me and his eyes glowed from anger.

- Shit.

As I was ready to leave the tree to start running, the black wolf got up again and attacked him without hesitation. Is he protecting me? That's why he didn't harmed me in the first place but him. They are enemies, not friends.

The only thing I could do is to watch them in silent and pray that this will end soon. I wanted to scream in fear with everything that I was seeing, with the blood that was in a every corner, all were terrible. The grey wolf suddenly growled in pain and collapsed on the ground, not moving. The black pinned him down while biting his neck harshly. And with that the other wolf simply stopped breathing.