Leaving Texas Behind

*Lucy pov*
I ran upstairs to pack, it was only 10 am but I needed an early night and so many chores had to be done. So there was little time meaning I wouldn't be able to call my friends to tell them the news.
I grabbed my suitcase out of the cupboard and packed all my clothes, I didn't have many anyway but I knew that I wasn't coming back here. I packed up my toiletries and first aid kit just in case of an emergency. Then I grabbed my hockey bag and hockey gear, I packed both pairs of skates (figure and hockey) and my leotards.

After I finished packing I went out to do my chores, Gracie and eliya were already in the barn. "Hey" I said sheepishly, the girls had experience my bad temper. "I'm going to miss you" eliya said throwing her arms around me, I looked over at Gracie who was starting to cry, she joined the hug and we all cried for what felt like ages. "It's weird seeing you cry" Gracie laughed, but she was right I had cried so much after our parents death that I didn't want to feel that way again. I laughed too "yeah, I know" we let go of our hug and the girls sat back down, I took a deep breath  "I accepted the offer" Gracies face reddens  "I will be playing for team USA in the junior goodwill games, but after that I'll stay in Minnesota" I feel a wave of relief washing over me, eliya pipes up "that's amazing sis, but will you still come and visit?" Her eyes were pleading " of course I will, I can't live without my two favourite sisters" eliya giggles, I turn Gracie. "No!" She yells "you can't leave us, you can't let us stay here without you!" I put my hand on her shoulder, but she pushes it off. This time more quietly "I need you Lucy" and she runs off.

*Gracie pov*
I crept up the stairs so that memaw wouldn't hear me and I wouldn't wake gramps. But as soon I as I got to my room I balled my eyes out, I couldn't handle seeing all of her bags packed. I needed my older sister, she was all the support I had after we lost our parents. She was my mother figure, helping me with homework and fixing up scrapes to my knee. I was furious at her and by the time dinner came around I made sure I was asleep.

*Lucy's pov*
Gracie didn't come down to dinner, I knew she was mad at me but once she was in a mood you had to let her be. "So are you excited?" Gramps asked in-between mouthfuls of chicken, "yeah I am, but I wished you guys had if told me the truth" I looked down at my plate "sweetheart" memaw started "we couldn't bare to tell you and it was perfect timing that you were offered this opportunity" she gave me a small smile. " I guess"

After dinner we washed up and headed to bed. I set my alarm to 4am because I needed to be at the airport by 5 to fly out at 6. I fell asleep questioning what tomorrow would bring.

*the next day*
I was pumped and ready to fly, I took a cold shower to wake me up then got changed into my favourite tank top and sweatpants, I pulled on my joggers and did my hair into milkmaid braids. I pulled my flannel over my top and brushed my teeth because I would eat at the airport. Mr tibbles arrived around 4:30 that morning, I said my goodbyes "good luck" memaw said "go get em" gramps joined in, "I'll miss you Lucy" eliya cried giving me a hug. I kissed her forehead and gave them all one last hug. "Bye guys, I'll miss you all and I'll call when i land" I handed memaw a note "please give this to Gracie" she nodded and I waved goodbye.