Chapter 6

Thankfully, Taeyeon didn't mention what happened at the wedding anymore afterwards. They had gone home soon after Minho left. Taeyeon had been quiet and visibly in a bad mood, but he didn't seem to want to have an argument. The next day it was all like it used to be.

Only his mother approached him the next time they met to talk about it. She pulled him aside when Taeyeon was talking to his father.

"Jisung, I know you didn't mean any bad but you shouldn't be close to Lee Minho out of all people. You're married now. People might get the wrong impression", she said quietly but insistent. "Mrs. Kang even asked me if you have some connections to him."

Jisung knew this would happen, but he couldn't help but get offended. "What does it matter what Mrs. Kang thinks about me? I just wanted to dance, that's all."

His mom gave him a don't rebel against me look. "Jisung! It wasn't only Mrs. Kang, a lot of people were saying worse things. A married man shouldn't have that much fun dancing with another man, especially not someone like Lee Minho."

"What were they saying?", Jisung asked.

"That doesn't matter." She avoided his gaze.

Jisung knew exactly what people were thinking. These people seemed to think that someone couldn't enjoy themselves with someone without having a relationship with them. Well, their prejudices were very selective though. Had he danced with Hyunjin or Jeongin, or even Changbin, they probably wouldn't have said anything.

He wished he didn't care about it, but it bothered him. He knew the next time he'd go to a party everyone would have their eyes on him and wait for him to make another mistake. He'd just wanted to have some fun.

His mother sighed and patted his shoulder. "Just make sure it doesn't happen again." Then she went back to the dinner table.

On Friday he met up with Hyunjin and Jeongin. Seungmin and Felix were still on their honeymoon.

Apparently, nothing had happened between the two at the wedding. When Jisung asked about their dancing together, Hyunjin just laughed and said there was no one else available to dance with him but Jeongin, and Jeongin just shrugged and gave Jisung a sad smile. Jisung really had to get the boy alone to talk to him cause this was a hopeless case.

"You really made yourself the talk of the day, though", Hyunjin grinned, but there was some worry behind his cheerful expression.

Jisung rolled his eyes and threw his head back in annoyance. "I really just wanted to have some fun. Taeyeon didn't want to dance."

"How come Lee Minho always finds you, though?", Jeongin wondered.

"Twice. We only met twice. And I think it's just a coincidence, he probably likes annoying people and including them in his scandals."

"I don't know, I've never seen him with anyone else, really. He wasn't even invited to the wedding", Hyunjin stated.

"What are you trying to say?" Jisung gave his friend a taxing look.

Hyunjin raised his arms in defense. "Nothing. I'm just saying it's interesting."

Jisung kept glaring at him until Jeongin got between them.

"Let's not talk about this, this is stupid. Obviously Lee Minho is just some asshole that can't keep his nose out of other people's business."

Jisung nodded and felt consoled when he saw Hyunjin nod, too.

"Why didn't you two go on a honeymoon, by the way?", Hyunjin asked him.

Jisung shrugged. "Taeyeon said he was busy with work and couldn't get away. Honestly, I don't mind. I don't know what I would do alone with him for such a long time anyways."