Chapter 1

I watch her car drive off and disappear around a corner. My own mother, abandoning me. 

How does she even have the heart do that? I thought she loved me. She was there for me through everything. She supported all my boyfriends (although there were only 2) and I thought we would be inseparable forever. She was my best friend. But I guess other things come first for her. 

She said his name was Steve. My last hope for any sort of care is left up to a guy named Steve. I wish I could go back and undo what I did. I wish more than anything my mom hadn't found that stupid test. That stupid goddamn test that had 2 lines instead of 1. But she did. And now I'm sitting at a gate that leads to a multi million dollar mansion.

I press the intercom hesitantly. It immediately starts blinking green as if it wants me to speak. Oh wait, it literally says speak.

"Hello? My name is Cassie Abbott. I'm here to see Steve Rogers." And sure enough, the gate opens, and I begin my walk to the front doors. 

The walk seems to take a million years. Honestly why do they need such a long driveway? It's not like millionaires walk faster than us. 

When I walk up to the door, I hear a computerized voice. 

"Now beginning retinal scan. Welcome, Cassie Abbott." What the fuck... How does it know who I am? The doors open and I am greeted by a man that looks exactly like the one that appears on my mothers television every now and then. Or, rather did appear.

"What are you doing here?" Is the first thing this strange man says. Is he someone famous? Must be if he's always on TV and lives and a multi million dollar mansion.

"I don't even know where here is. Who are you?" I'm not usually that upfront. I'm gonna go ahead and guess it's the hormones from the pregnancy. I then realize that he looks a bit taken aback at my question. 

"Who am I? I'm Tony freakin Stark. Iron Man?" Who the fuck is Iron Man? What kind of name even is that?

"Never heard of it."

"You been living under a rock or something?" 

Rude.

"I never watch television."

"That'll explain it," I hear him mutter.

"Mr. Stark?" I hear an oddly familiar voice coming from on top of the stairs. As his face comes into view, my heart stops. 

There's no way it's him. The chances are 1 to 0 percent. I'm probably imagining things. 

"Mr. Stark, Vision needs help with his update." Yep, it's him. That's his voice. You've got to be shitting me.

He doesn't even glance at me. Does he even realize I'm standing here? 

"I'll be there in a second. Can't you see I'm busy?" Shit. That did it. He finally looks my way and his eyes noticeably widen.

"Peter this Cassie Abbott. Cassie this is Peter." Play it cool. Play it cool. However, before I have the chance to open my mouth, he says,

"Yeah we've uh, actually met. Friend of a friend." He's tellin' the truth. Just not the whole truth. He's leaving out some pretty important parts. 

"Oh, okay. I'll be with you in a second. Go." Peter leaves in a hurried way. I cannot believe that just happened. Why is he even here?

"Cassie, I'm gonna ask you again. What are you doing here?" As he says this, he takes his glasses off his face. Does he even need them? They're kind of ugly so why would he wear them? They're blue and this weird boxy shape. It doesn't suit him very well.

"Steve Rogers. Do you know him?"

"Yes of course I know him."

"My mom told me he was my dad and sent me here to live with him. She didn't want to take care of me anymore after she found out I was pregnant." I muttered the last word quietly. He didn't seem to hear it anyway.

"Cassie, I already knew he was your dad. You lived here until you were about 2 with your mom. Then she up and went and we never heard from her again."

"She what?" That doesn't make any sense. "My mother told me that my dad left when he found out she was pregnant."

"Are you kidding me? Steve loved you. And to be honest, we all did. Then one day your mom started yelling at Steve about you being raised around Avengers and being exposed to too much danger. The next morning both of you guys' stuff was gone and we never heard from your mom again."

No. No, that can't be true. She would never do that. Would she? I look at him blankly as I try to comprehend all of it.

"Why she would send you here, I don't know. But whatever it was that made her do it, better be a good goddamn reason otherwise, sorry princess, but you're gonna have to live with her."

No no no. If he makes me leave, I'll just be living on the streets. And then how will I care for a baby? I blurt out as fast as I can,

"She kicked me out of the house and sent me here because I'm pregnant." Why did I say it like that? Now he's gonna think I'm a slut or something. 

"You're what?" A blonde man says as he rounds one of the corners.

-------------------------------------

If you're coming from my tik tok page, welcome back! If you're just comin from Wattpad and have no clue about my tik tok account, then welcome. Hope you enjoy the story!

(the tik tok is .marvel._.mcu)