Sense Of Self

POV DEKU

I'm placed in the basement where I was tortured my first week here, this time with Todoroki. He rubs his head, mumbling something about a headache. "Where am I?" he groans. "What time is it? Midoriya? Is that you?"

"Hi Todoroki," I whisper. "I'm glad you're up. You're in the LOV's base. How're you feeling?"

"The LOV?" Then his eyes widen, as if the realization just hit. Without hesitation, Todoroki shoots an ice blast from his hand, and if I were milliseconds late with my dodge, I could've been impaled. Todoroki shoots again, and I dodge once more.

"Todoroki!" I scream as he spins around and aims at me again. "Wait! Wait, okay? I don't want to hurt you! Listen to me!"

"Why the hell should I listen to you?!" he screams, tears pooling in his eyes. "You betrayed us, Midoriya! You left Bakugou when he needed you the most, and I will never forgive you for that!"

"It wasn't like that," I gasp. "You have to understand–"

"I don't want to understand!" Todoroki cries, dropping his arm to his side. "I don't want anything to do with you. I know your secret, Midoriya. I know you were a quirkless loser who stole his power. You are not qualified to be the monster you are, and yet you got the job anyway. You are going to burn in hell, and when I kill you, the thought will comfort me." Just as he goes to shoot another ice blast at me, a knife stabs him in the shoulder, ripping right through his body. The steel tip pokes through him, a horrified look on his broken face.

Toga skips inside, a wide grin on her face. "Grouchy one, huh? Well, no matter." She plucks the knife from his shoulder and licks the blood off of it as if it's candy. "We can manage. This way, Izuku. It's time to meet the big man."

I'm teleported to a dark room where the air is damp and the floor and walls are concrete. On a worn throne a few meters before me is All For One, a twisted smile on his dysmorphic face. "Himiko," he croaks, shifting a bit. Tubes connect to his mouth, and his movements are slow. "Privacy, please?"

"You got it, boss!" she giggles, skipping away. A black and purple portal engulfs her, and only the sound of my rapid heartbeat is left. Todoroki is still relevant in my mind, as well as what he said about Kacchan, but both of them are slowly being replaced by the monster of a man in front of me.

"Izuku," he says, raising slowly from his seat. "Let me begin with an apology. As your father, I should have been a more prominent figure in your life. However, not only did your mother not want me around, but my line of work is... time consuming. I'm beyond joyous that you've finally returned home. Completing missions with Dabi, and bearing gifts, I see."

"Gifts?" I echo. "I don't have..." All For One glances at my notebooks stacked on a table to his right, smiling wide. "Oh, those."

"You are one of a kind, my boy, extremely intelligent," All For One says, "and you could be so much stronger if you let me assist you."

"What do you mean?" I squeak, stiffening my shoulders. "I'm not a villain. I'm a hero. I don't want you to change me."

"Oh, but Izuku! You have so much potential! I can help you activate your quirk, the one your mother forced away when you were so young. I can build you up and sculpt you into a masterpiece! I will treat you like the prince you are, Izuku. Never again will you be thrown around, mistreated, or disrespected. You are royalty. You are power. You are the brother of Shigaraki Tomura, the son of the lord of evil, a being far stronger than the world has ever seen. They will bow to us, Izuku. They will bow to you, and there's only one thing you must give to me."

"What is it?" I ask as my father approaches me. I'm trembling in my skin from both fear and anticipation. If people respected me... What an intense thought. What a wonderful turn around.

All For One says, "I'd like to touch up your sense of self," and doesn't let my heart beat again before placing his palm on my forehead. There's a stabbing pain in my skull, right where his electric hand is, and I scream before dropping to the floor. My lights are out.