meow <3

y/n knew eva was terrified of cats. whenever she went to their house, he made sure to express it. whether it was in short exclaimed sentences like, "cats are so scary." or long speeches dedicated to how the claws remind them of something out of a horror movie, as if wolverine was going to jump out of that bush and strike an attack.

of course john had cats in the past. most of which were now dead or nowhere to be seen, and he was okay with them then, so y/n just took this as an invitation to get a new cat.

"hi" y/n said to the receptionist, "good afternoon! how can i help" they replied. y/n smiled to herself, thinking about the consequences this action could bring along. "i was wondering if there were any cats that were available to take home today." the receptionist smiled and led the way.

inside the kennel was 3 rescue cats, a maine coon cat, it was called dog, a brown cat with yellow eyes, which was called xavier, and a ragdoll cat, that was called chard.

y/n decided to get all 3 of them. she decided that if she was going to get eva a cat, she would make it worth her while.

she carried the cat carriers and all of the basic cat necessities into the apartment. john was sat on the sofa. "hey babe, how was your day?" he said unaware of the three cats that had just entered the room. "eva..." y/n said, "uh oh, i don't like that tone, i'm scared." he replied, "um...i kind of- um accidentally i like actually got three cats?"

john started laughing until they hear the ferocious 'meow' of chard. "y/n, this isn't fucking funny, you know i'm terrified of cats. please say this is a joke"

y/n opened the cat carriers, chard was straight out of there, dancing around the room frenzied. dog was hesitant, he didn't like new surroundings, but once he caught the comforting smell of home, he lept onto the sofa.

"please don't say there's another one, y/n i beg of you." john said, tears building in their eyes. "i won't say it then." y/n laughed as xavier left his carrier. "oh gosh it's eyes, and it was all yellow..." john said, a single tear now escaping his eye.

soon enough all three of the cats were crawling over eva's trembling body. "oh come on hun, they're cats, it's not scary." y/n said, struggling to keep her laugh in. "this is not funny, cats are very clearly drones created by the egyptian government that forces us to worship ancient myths that were never true."

hearing this, xavier jumped onto johns head. he screamed. "get it off y/n i swear." y/n, again, just laughed,

days passed and eva got more comfortable with the cats, though it's safe to say they are still scared of them, due to the involuntary jumping that occurs every time they see a cat.

y/n, on the other hand, loved the cats, they were her newest best friends.

527 words.

not a request i'm just scared of cats 🙄💅💅