Chapter 2

Hermione ran back into her parents' house and closed the door behind her, pressing her back against it. She was glad she had taken a hangover potion from Harry's before she left the apartment.

'What did we do?'

She had slept with Harry. Her best friend Harry.

And she enjoyed it.

The entire night was slowly coming back to her. She remembered going to Harry's house and talking to him about her breakup with Ron. She then remembered the drinks. And then she remembered what happened next.

'Oh, Harry!'

"Stop it!" she told herself, as the entire night played in her mind.

'You're huge!' she had giggled.

'The best I ever had.'

'Did I really tell him that?' she thought, pressing her hand against her head. 'It was the best I ever had, though. I can't argue with that.'

And no matter how much she tried to deny it, she wanted more.

Then, just a little bit ago, he had kissed her. He was sober, and he kissed her. The look in his eyes when she pulled away-she shivered. There was something there.

And she ran away, like a coward.

She walked into the living room, and stopped dead in her tracks.

"Ron?"

"Hi, Hermione."

"What are you doing here?"

"I came here to see you. I figured this is where you were at."

"How long have you been here?"

"Not long."

"Would you like anything to drink?"

"No. Hermione, I'm sorry. Please, come home."

"I can't," she said quietly.

"Why?"

She didn't say anything. He stood up and pressed his hands against her shoulders, looking straight at her as he did so.

"Please, I'm sorry. I treated you badly, I know that now. I just want you to come home."

She shook her head, tears forming in her eyes. Before she could say another word, however, he lightly pressed his lips against hers.

And it felt off, somehow.

It didn't feel like it used to. It just felt wrong now, as though they were discovering that they weren't meant to be together. She broke away, shaking her head at herself as she did so.

"I can't get back together with you. I'm sorry, Ron."

She turned and looked away at the look of pain on his face. He stood up, running his hands through his hair as he did so.