Hatori x Artist!F!Reader: Dragons

You were sitting in your loving boyfriends office. Who was your boyfriend? Come on. We all saw the title. It's Hatori. He was sitting at his desk, his back facing you as he worked.

"You know, Y/n, you don't have to sit around watching me work. I don't want to bore you." He said without turning around.

You shook your head. "No, no, no. I'm not bored. It's oddly nice to see you working."

"Really? Why is that?" He said, glancing at you quizzically.

"I don't know." You said with a shrug. "I guess you just look so... perfect whenever you're focused on something."

A blush formed on Hatori's face. Even though you and him have been in a relationship for a long time, it still somewhat startles him when you compliment him. He sometimes can't help but feel unworthy of that kind of love and adoration. Especially after everything he has done.

"Well if there is anything you need, let me know."

He then went back to working, his pen moving against the paper. You thought for a moment. You wouldn't mind working on something while he was busy. Besides, Hatori wasn't one for conversation while he had paperwork. You supposed that was just a minuscule difference between him and you. He preferred to work in silence while you always liked to have background noise while you tended to your tasks.

But as you were thinking, you had a thought that it would be fun to do some drawing. You then piped up.

"Actually, Hatori, can you give me a piece of paper and a pen?" You asked, a little nervous.

"Hm? Why?" He asked, turning around.

"Just because." You shrugged.

"Alright..." He then handed you the items you wanted.

"Thank you!" You stood from your spot and took them. He then slowly turned back to his work while you began lightly sketching out an outline for a dragon.

Eventually, you both came to a stopping point. He finished his papers while you finished your drawing.

He looked over at you and saw a glimpse of some sort of drawing on the paper.

"What were you doing while I was working, Y/n?" He asked, curious.

"Not much. Just drawing." You shrugged.

"Really? You're an artist?" He said, quite surprised. You never mentioned anything about drawing or art to him.

"Kinda? I don't do it too often. But I guess you could say that." You then showed him the drawing.

While it is true that Hatori was blind in one of his eyes, he could still say with complete confidence that this drawing was legitimately one of the most gorgeous things Hatori thinks he has ever seen before.

He slowly reached out and held the page in his hand.

"It isn't my best piece honestly. I think I messed up on the eyes, but I..."

"No, no, no. It's wonderful, Y/n." He said, cutting you off.

"Really? Well, thank you."

Ever since that day, Hatori began taking more notice of your art and when you would draw.

One particular day, it was a very special day. Your anniversary.

Hatori had thought long and hard about what to get you and he could only hope and pray that you liked the gift he selected for you. When you both had your dinner that night, he pulled out a box for you.

"I honestly couldn't think of what to get you. But I know how much you love art, so I... hope you like it." He said shyly. He then handed you the box.

You smiled brightly and took the box gladly. When you opened it, a very expensive and absolutely flawless drawing tablet stared back at you. A hand flew up to your mouth as you stifled a scream of joy.

Hatori saw your eyes begin to flood tears down your face, which made him immediately panic.

"Y-Y/n?! Are you okay? I really wanted to..." You cut him off by leaning over the dinner table and kissing him.

When you pulled away, you had possibly the biggest smile of your life on your face. Hatori felt his heart swell just the slightest bit at how beautiful you looked, mascara streaks and all.

"It's perfect. It's more than perfect. It's... it's truly the best thing I have ever been given. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you so much Hatori..." You said while choking back sobs.

Eventually, you calmed down. You then asked him a question.

"Hatori? Can... Can I draw you?" He blinked in surprise. He wasn't expecting that whatsoever. But he smiled and nodded; he felt so honored that you wanted to draw him.

The mere thought made him so proud to be called your boyfriend.

The END~~~!

Word count: 792