Dean Portman 🦋 F

Dean Portman x Female Reader

Set in the second movie

*unedited so sorry if it's trash*

Summary: Y/n and Dean have been dating for 3 years. They both live in Chicago, but after Dean went to California for the Jr Goodwill Games they could only ever talk over the phone. After him and his team made it to the finals, Y/n decided to fly to California and surprise him at the game.

2nd person POV

You watched as number 22, or Luis Mendoza, sped off towards the goal, leaving the rest of the players on the other end of the hockey rink. He came to a quick stop in front of the goal, flakes of ice covering the goalie. He stopped for a second, eyes filled with excitement. "I stopped!" He grinned, looking at the boy in goal who was now covered in ice. 

"Put it in Luis!"

With this, the boy seemed to come back to realization, remembering he was still in fact playing a game. He quickly hit the puck into the goal, tying up the score. Everyone in the stands cheered, and you clapped your hands excitedly. "What'd I miss?" You turned to your right to see your older brother, Aaron, standing next to you holding a bowl of nachos. "22 scored, it's 5-5 now!" You said, and your brothers face lit up. 

He started cheering, before shoving a handful of nachos in his mouth. You laughed, before the arena's lights dimmed. You looked forward and saw that the shoot out started. "Here we go..." you muttered, watching closely. 

The tension in the air was thick, as everyone watched the game in front of them. They only ever made sounds when one of the players made a shot, and then was when they would cheer and clap aggressively. You cheered especially loud when number 44, Fulton Reed, made a shot. 

You had heard and seen great things of him, mostly during your phone conversations with Dean. 'The Bash Brothers', they called themselves. 

And finally, the last round of the shut out came around. It was Gunner Stahl from Iceland, up against Julie 'The Cat'. You had heard from Dean that she was quite the goalie, and boy you hoped he was right cause this goal, could either cost them the game, or win it for them.

You bit your lip in anticipation as Gunner began to skate towards the goal. 'C'mon..just this one shot...' 

As he neared the goal, you saw Julie raising her glove slowly. He hit the puck towards the goal, skidding to a stop only a few feet ahead. Julie lowered her glove and stared at it, before glancing back to Gunner. '....what's happening?'

Finally, Julie stood up in threw the puck in the air, signaling her victory. You jumped up and cheered loudly, a large grin visible on not just yours but everyone's faces. The rest of the Ducks skated towards her, tackling her in a hug. "HELL YEAHHH!" Aaron yelled next to you, and you laughed while hitting his shoulder lightly. 

The ducks all huddled together, skating around the rink while carrying the USA flag. You smiled to yourself when you saw Dean and Fulton butting their heads together. 'Dorks..'

"...Well what are ya waiting for?" Aaron asked, raising an eyebrow. You looked at him confused. "Huh?"

"What do you mean wHaT?! Get out there!" He said, pushing you towards the rink. "Wha- is that even allowed?" You said, stumbling a bit. He rolled his eyes before pushing you again.

"Go!"

"Alright alright I'm going!" 

You stumbled down the bleachers, avoiding bumping into the fans who were celebrating. You carefully stepped onto the ice, surprised that none of the refs had stopped you. 'Is this actually allowed-?'

You walked across the ice, stopping a few feet ahead of the group of hockey  players. They didn't seem to notice you, too caught up in their own celebrations. "Hey Portman!" You shouted, sticking your hands in your pockets. They all turned to face you, confused as to who was shouting. The way you announced yourself must've been a bit passive-aggressive, as some of them seemed to get a bit defensive of their teammate. 

But in the crowd of confused looks you got, you saw Dean's face light up as soon as he turned to look at you. He looked surprised, to say the least, making the others even more confused then before. 

You took your hands out of your pockets, and held them outwards besides you, gesturing for a hug. "You made it, baby" you smiled, stepping closer to them. 

He laughed, skating quickly towards you. "Y/n!" He shouted, scooping you up and pulling you into a tight embrace. You laughed, leaning into him. You put your head in the crook of his neck, as he slowly came to a stop, skating in a circle so you both were now in front of everyone else.

They all stared, wide eyed, at the scene in front of them. Fulton put the pieces together soon enough, recognizing you as the "famous Y/n". Dean had lots of stories about his girl back home, but he never thought he'd meet you. 

Dean pulled away from you, before smashing his lips against yours. You happily kissed him back, and the rest of the team finally started to come to realization. They too, had heard stories about Dean's girlfriend.

"Dammnnn, get it Portman!" Jesse cheered, earning a laugh from the others. 

Dean placed you down on the ice, his hands never leaving your waist. You pulled away from the kiss and smiled, resting your head on his shoulder. "I missed ya, you dork." You said. He laughed, and you could feel the vibrations through his chest. "I missed you more, Bash Babe." 

You pulled away, chuckling at the name. "Bash babe? That's a new one." You said. He shrugged. "It fits, don't ya think?" He smirked, looking down at you. You laughed and shook your head, resting your head on his chest once again. 

"It's perfect.."

Ok, I hope y'all enjoyed that one! I've been imagining that for a while, so I decided to finally write it. It was inspired by a Dean x reader post I found on tumblr. Thanks for reading and have a good day/night!