THE EPILOGUE

Dear Bucky,

No, that wasn't right. You erased it and tried again.

Dear James,

No, still not right.

Dear team,

No...

Dear Avengers,

Maybe. You'll try that.

Dear Avengers,

By the time you read this, I'll have gone to my new home. Thank you for allowing me to continue living here while the house was being built. Now that it's finished, I will be out of your hair forever. And I mean that. I don't want any of you to ever contact me again. After everything that's happened, you owe me at least that.

I hope no one ever hurts you the way you hurt me.

Sincerely,

Y/N Y/L/N

P.S. Bucky, as much as I don't like you now...I hope you someday find you won't ever think of betraying.

Nat had been right. Tony was more than happy to give you the money to get the home of your dreams. He hired an architect of your choice, and you designed your dream home (including a room just for Yelena). It had taken a few months for it to be finished, but now it was, and now you got to move in with someone you dared to call the love of your life.

"Are you ready to go?"

You paused, setting the pen down. "Yeah, I'm ready."

"What're you doing?" Nat asked, coming up behind you. "Baby, you know you don't owe them any goodbyes."

"I know. I just, I want to make myself clear, you know? I want nothing to do with them anymore."

"Trust me, if they come knocking on our door, I won't hesitate to knock them out. And Yelena would be more than happy to be my backup."

You smiled, turning around, and kissing her softly. "You don't have to leave the team for me, Nat. I know they're your family—"

"They're not. I don't want a family that sells each other out at the first sign that something's not right. I want people I can trust." She pressed a kiss to your forehead. "After everything's that happened...I don't wanna lose you. I want my life to be wherever you are. Because you're my family."

"You're not just saying that?"

"I meant it the first time I ever told you."

Your smile grew a little more. "Then let's head out. We got a home to move into."

"And I can't wait to live my life there with you."

"Me either."

And as the two of you walked to the quinjet, you knew that there was nothing better than this. It was a shame that your life had to fall to pieces for you to see it, but...Knowing that Nat was your family, the one you could spend the rest of your life with and always be happy, was almost worth it.

Once you both were settled, Nat started up the quinjet, and it took off. As she flew through the sky, going to your forever home, you said to her, "I'm glad that I remembered you."

And she looked at you, smiling, and said, "And I'm glad you found me memorable."