Calum

When Luke fell into Ashton, the three of us went straight to work on bandaging him. Ashton laid him gently beside me and grabbed a water bottle from a corner of the room. Michael ripped a small strip of fabric off the bottom of his flannel and gave it to Ashton.

I gently rubbed Luke's back as Ashton gingerly took Luke's bloody arm and swiftly poured water over the deep cut. Luke hissed and grunted in pain.

"I-I know it hurts buddy, but we need to clean it out," Ashton said soothingly, gripping Luke's shoulder and pouring some more cool water onto the wound once more. Afterwards, he dabbed it dry and then poured the rest of the water onto the strip of cloth. He slowly laid it onto the cut in order to act as an ice pack and a bandage.

I petted Luke's sweaty hair back and looked at his face. "G-guys, h-he's got blood on h-his face."

"Shit, did he cut you there too?"

Luke struggled, but eventually shook his head. Ashton wet his sleeve down and wiped the dried blood off but his hands were so shaky it was hard to do.

"God, Luke, I'm so sorry I did this to you. I didn't think and - "

"It's okay," Luke's used voice rasped out, "it wasn't your fault. I don't blame you."

"No, you have every right to blame me and - "

"Stop Ashton, please, you didn't know what would happen! I promise, just - ah fuck!"
Luke seized his arm and whimpered in pain as the wet bandage must have stung. "God, that's gonna be infected if we don't keep washing it out. Does anyone know where another water bottle is?" Ashton said, petting Luke's wrist and lower arm. Michael got up and felt around the ground of the room for a forgotten water bottle. When he finally found one, Ashton grabbed and continued to pour drops of water onto Luke's cut, which was followed by Luke hissing in pain and I soothed him gently.

We stayed in our same positions until we all fell asleep, Luke in my lap, Ashton next to Luke, and Michael behind Ashton.

Poor Luke was brutally awoken when Ashton remembered to clean the wound and poured a few more drops onto Luke's cut, saying, "Sorry, Luke, I just needed to - "

It seemed as though that was the first time that Luke smiled since we all met him here, even though it was painful. "Stop apologizing, Ashton. Seriously, I'm fine."

Ashton was finally reassured and returned to nursing Luke's wound.

Luke turned his face up towards me and yawned. "Hey Calum. Thanks for your help."

I smiled back down at him and ran a hand through his and my hair. "No problem. That must of been scary."

"It was." I looked back at Luke's slow forming scar on his left arm. It was shaped into a 'C'. It scared me to think of what that letter stood for. It made me sick to my stomach when I thought of all the different words it could stand for.

I felt as though I had a bigger connection to Luke than I or he did with the other boys. We were the first two here so we spent a little more time together and it made him and I get closer to each other. I wish I could have stopped Liam from hurting Luke, or even taken his place instead.

Every second I was stuck in that room I knew that the authorities, the police and even the government, were going to come save us; it was only a matter of time. All the kidnappers frightened me, but I kept quiet as much as I could so as to not put any harm to myself like Ashton or Michael. Poor Luke was such an easy target, even I knew that, so there was no doubt he was chosen first to torture.

I was pulled out of my thoughts as the door slammed open to reveal not Niall or Liam, but the quiet, dark haired one, who's name I believe I heard Niall say, was Zayn. He had a tray of food in his hand and when I caught sight of it, my stomach rumbled in hunger. I realized it had been a while since we last ate, only filling ourselves up with water that the kidnappers supplied us with.

"Harry made breakfast, now eat," he quickly threw the tray onto the ground and left with a slam of the door.

Ashton ran to the tray first and very generously piled food onto a plate and brought it to Luke who eyed the food suspiciously until he decided it was alright to eat and took a bite of bacon.

Ashton brought over two more plates for Michael and I, and we sat and ate in a comfortable silence.

I took a bite and I immediately felt nourished. I ate quickly to fill my stomach faster and when I finished I was very relieved.

The color returned to Luke's face after he finished the breakfast, and he suddenly had a lot more energy than he did earlier that morning.

We all started a conversation and I finally learned more about the four boys. All of us attended the same school and were in the same year, though I hadn't really recognized any of them except Luke, whom I had tutored once. He was very apologetic about how he had been rude to me then, but that was years ago so I didn't mind.

Ashton was the captain of the footie team at our school. I knew he was very popular, but other than that, I never spoke to him before now. When I had seen him around the kidnappers, he was rude and brutal, but I didn't blame him. We were trapped and had no idea when we would be saved. But when the kidnappers weren't around, we saw the opposite side of Ashton; the one who is careful and nice, who doesn't want any of us to get hurt.

Michael was more reserved than Ashton. He was very quiet but did pitch in the the conversation when asked. He told us that his family life was a bit hard as they were poor people so he got a job at the mall to help out, which I thought was a very kind gesture.

We were interrupted when the door opened again and we saw the face of Louis, someone who we hadn't seen since he barged in and screamed at and threatened us.

"Get out," he barked. "We need to talk."

A voice from behind him said quietly, "Okay Louis, I'll take it from here." Louis' hard face softened a bit as he backed away from the door and Niall appeared again.

We followed directions so as to not cause trouble and stood up.

"What the fuck could be going on now?" Ashton hissed into my ear.

*****

Hey guys!

Looky at the bromances that are starting!!! Do I see a little Lashton and Cake????

Thank you so much for 3.8 K reads! It just makes me so happy to see the love that this story gets. 

This little chappy is dedicated to an amazing and wonderful person and writer hemmotional4luke ! Follow her and check out her story I'm Alright ! She is very loyal to this story so thank you so much! I hope your story does well!! 

My dedication list is empty so please ask for one if you want one on the next chapter! Also, if you vote and comment you'll automatically be added after getting contacted by me!!!! Thank you!

Please please PLEASE check out my two other stories and tell me if I should continue! You would be utterly amazing if you did that!

Status: Jamming to mashups on Youtube

Keep Calm and I'm Gonna Sneeze

MWAH!

XXX