Chapter 4

It's taken us forever to travel to a village. While waiting to arrive, I have familiarized myself with most of the people travelling with us. There are 3 people travelling from the royal family, 3 people travelling from the dukes family, and 1 person travelling from the arch dukes family. 

First of all is the eldest prince, Mathew Edion, who is 43. I wasn't trying to learn his middle names. Too many. Anyway, he is the next in line for the throne. He has a short, straight blonde-brown sort of coloured hair, followed by golden coloured eyes, lightly tanned skin, but looked to be a little smaller then the average male. But then again, I am still little, and most of the men around me are towering far above me, so only compared to those people does he look small. 

Then there is prince Marcus Edion, who is 22 and is Mathew's son. I think he is the second born son to Mathew? Or the third? Anyway, he has long golden hair tied in a neat ponytail, which he gets from his mother, according to Mathew. His eyes are a stunning blue that looked as if they could see through everything. Kind of creepy in a beautiful way. But still creepy. Anyway, his skin colour and height seemed to be about the same as his father, so at least he inherited that from his father. 

Last from the royal family is princess Lioness Edion, who is 16 and is the daughter of one of the princesses, who had an odd fascination with other countries, going so far as to name her after one of the giant cats they have there. She has orange, wavy coloured hair that falls to her ears. Hazel eyes that had multiple colours swirling through it, dark tanned skin, and was as tall as her uncle and cousin. She seemed like one of those independent women, who would do anything to get what she wanted. 

Then there was the ducal family. The head of the ducal family was duke Matias Roland, who had come to help map out the land, and do all the paperwork with the prince. He is 36 years old, has golden coloured hair, brown eyes, a tan, and is one of the tallest people in our group. Unfortunately, the duke and his wife were unable to have children, so they have been adopting children, letting them grow up, then setting them up in places to work for them. After adopting Derek, they have said that they will be stating him as their heir once he is a little older. 

The duchess, Camila Roland also came along on the trip with her husband. She was definitely a mother figure and it is a real shame that she wasn't able to have children, since anyone can clearly see how much she loves and cares for children. She had long brown hair, wide brown eyes, cream coloured skin and was the shortest adult in the group. She more often then not, wore a smile on her face. However every time that she saw me, her expression turned to one of pity, so I didn't like being around her too much. 

They are travelling with Derek, who is 12, and looks slightly different from the last time I saw him. He still has his dark brown, almost black hair that he keeps in a bun, so I don't know how long it is, but it looked thick. He has dark grey eyes that shine brighter then I had seen for many years. He is a lot taller then me, and his skin, which used to be a pale colour, has brightened to a tan colour, showing how much time he has spent in the sun. 

The last person I will mention is a son from the arch dukes family, Drake Liason. He is 13 years old, has black curly hair, silver eyes, fair skin, and is already almost as tall as an adult. He tries talking with me as much as he can, asking about things, and every once in a while he would ask about my past, which he would receive a sharp glare from me, to which he would chuckle while changing the topic. He tells me a lot about everyone in his family, but I always change the topic. He's trying to convince me to join his family, however I'm not interested in getting my hopes up, only for his father to come home and decide he doesn't want to adopt me, so I always change the subject.