1

Exhausted doesn't begin to describe how Justin feels coming back from his night shift at the 24-hour convenience store. It was 6 am and he practically dragged himself to the small apartment he calls home. Before going in, he noticed huge boxes placed on either side of the door next to his. "A new neighbor? Goodbye to the peace of this empty floor I guess" he murmured as he entered his tiny yet cozy home.

He lived on the topmost floor of his building. He had no neighbors as long as he remembered because the top floor had the smallest flats in the entire building. More than half of the floor was divided by a glass door extending into the building's terrace garden with a roof that people rarely visited. Though the view was great, it resulted in the floor having only two small flats instead of four slightly bigger flats like all the other floors.
But Justin liked it this way. With no nosy neighbors and people rarely coming up, he made a cozy corner on the terrace his space with his trusty black beanbag and a cheap yet durable table that he uses to study for his online college peacefully. The roof gave perfect shelter from rain or sun and the view was breath-taking. He could see the Han River, big buildings behind it, the clouds, the trees, the quiet, he loved it.
He was not ashamed of his small job, he lowkey liked it. It fit his college schedule perfectly and he knew he was just doing it until he graduated. His parents sent him enough money every month to not work at all and focus solely on his studies. But Justin wanted to experience having a part time job before graduating. He was a shy introvert, who would open up only to his close friends. So, he wanted to work before graduation and try coming out of his shell. The night shift at the store gave him the exact amount of people and conversations that did not overwhelm him. He had all sorts of people coming there and Justin liked the process of seeing a small slice of their lives, even if it was just for a fleeting moment.