5- That way

Tom's P.O.V

I woke up to the sound of my alarm.

10:00 a.m

I jumped out of bed and freshened up. I was supposed to meet Harrison at Jun's for breakfast at 10:30.
I quickly got ready and head downstairs. Nobody except Y/n was up. Even if they were, nobody except her was in the room. I guessed that she might've slept over.

"Morning Y/n." I said as i walked into the room.

"Morning Tom." she said with a smile on her face.

"Um where are the others?" I asked.
"Oh, Dom, Nikki and the others have gone out to breakfast. I woke up late so my bad." she said with a slight chuckle.
"Um, Harrison and I are gonna go out for breakfast. Do you want to join us..maybe?" I asked trying not to be awkward.
"Uh I'd love to. Will Harrison be okay with that?" she asked politely.
"Yes of course." I told her reassuringly.

Right then, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and Haz was there.
We pulled into a hug.

"What's good mate?" He asked with a big smile on his face.
"Everything." I replied.

"Hey Haz. Good morning." Y/n greeted him.
"Morning Y/n." Haz said.
"Mate, she'll be joining us for breakfast today. You okay with that right?" I asked.
"Yeah of course. The more, the merrier." Haz replied with a smile.

Y/n's P.O.V

"Mate, she'll be joining us today. You okay with that right?" Tom asked.
"Yeah of course. The more, the merrier." Haz replied with a smile.

We head out and walked to Jun's, the local restaurant where everyone went for breakfast. The rest of the family were at 95 Degrees Café, as Sofia texted me. So we had no chance at encountering them.

We walked into the restaurant. It was nicely decorated. The booths were red in color and the walls had pop art all over them. We chose the booth in the right corner of the place. Tom and I sat beside each other, Harrison on the other side. I was getting butterflies through out the entire time.

"So Y/n I heard you went to Thailand." Haz said as we looked through the menus.
"Oh yeah. I did. It was great." I said with a smile.

The waiter came up soon after.
"Hey everyone. I'm Jonny. I'm going to be your waiter for today." He said. His eyes went on Tom. Of course, he recognized him from Spider-Man.
"Hey Jonny. Uh, we're ready to order.." Haz started "...right guys?"
"Um yeah. Yeah." Tom said.
I smiled, nodding my head.
"Okay. I'll have the classic breakfast platter. Small." Haz said.
The waiter started to scribble on the notepad.
"I'll have the same thing. Can you just replace the hash browns with beans?" Tom said.
"Sure thing, sir. What about you madam?" Jonny asked, looking at me.
Tom and Haz were looking at me too.

I felt awkward. Very awkward.

"Um I'll have the same. No hash browns for me though." I said.
"Okay great." Jonny said and walked away.

I turned my head and looked at Tom only to see he was looking at me. Haz was on his phone.
Tom and I made eye contact, this time for a good 2 minutes. I looked deep into his doe eyes. Gosh, they were breath taking. He was breath taking. It felt as though we had a moment.

"Um..I have to go to the bathroom..." I said, breaking eye contact. I actually had to pee. "... excuse me."
I got out of the booth with a small smile.

As I walked towards the washroom, I could not help but smile and blush. I was flustered with butterflies. Even though it may have been nothing to Tom, or anyone really, but those 2 minutes meant a lot to me.

Tom's P.O.V

We were at Jun's. We'd ordered our meals and were now waiting. Y/n had gone to the bathroom. Before that, we had made eye contact. This time it lasted longer than 2 seconds. It went on for 120 seconds, before she broke it and went to the bathroom.

"Mate.." Haz called out, snapping me out of my thoughts.
"Yeah yeah." I said.
Haz leant in.
"You like her don't you?" he asked, his lips curling into a smirk.
"Yes. As a friend. " I said.
I wasn't lying.
"C'mon Tom. This is me, your best friend. I can tell when you're lying. You like her, as more than friends. I saw the way you guys were looking at each other. It was like you two were the only ones here, not paying attention to anything or anyone around. You like her, don't deny it." Haz said.
"I look at her, just as I look at any of my friends. Because she is my friend, and I only like her as a friend." emphasising on the 'friend's.

"Well, joke's on you mate 'cause friends don't look at friends that way." he said before sitting down properly.

Friends dont look at friends that way.
What?

I saw Y/n come back. I went on my phone, pretending that I was looking at it this whole time but I wasn't paying attention to my phone.

Friends dont look at friends that way.