the steam of coffee

"But here's the thing, Alexa," you said, legs spread, knees apart, and feet together. You silently hissed as she ripped off the wax strip from your skin, before going to wrap up another. "I don't know if I even want to see this guy. I mean, I don't know anything about him! Other than the fact that he's drop dead gorgeous."

You readjusted yourself on the client seat, cracking your back softly as soft mushy leather pressed up against the back of your bare thighs. You could just see Alexa twirl another flat stick around, whipping the hot wax around it as it slowly oozed.

Your head dropped back down onto the head rest. "But I'm seeing him today, at 10:30 actually. We're going to a cafe, which is pretty cute. And he's paying for everything..."

From the corner of your eye, you could see Alexa eye you with amusement.

"I'm... No, that's not the reason why I came here today. I just thought it was time for a touch up, that's all. It's been like, what, four and a half weeks? Plus, you know I can't have sex while freshly waxed." you stuttered, hands lightly tensing around your stomach.

You were being honest, though. You were feeling like shit today, and you thought that maybe a brazilian would cheer you up. Even though it stung like hell, the result boosted your confidence.

And you weren't doing this for no man, or woman. You were doing it for yourself, and for your own personal enjoyment.

Over the past year, you grew some sort of bond with Alexa, her being your waxer. And since that day when you awkwardly walked into the salon, you've been friends, in and out of business. You basically talked to her about anything and everything, which is what led to this conversation.

"We've only seen each other two times. Two times, Alexa. That's funny, isn't it? And the first time, he was knocked out drunk." you almost laughed at your own words.

"Mhm, yeah..." she mumbled, now spreading the light pink wax across your outer labia. Your eyes squinted, and you mentally prepared yourself for the ripping pain.

You felt her gloved hand pat around the pool of wax, and once it was fully hardened, she swiftly ripped it off. Your nails dug into the plush of your stomach, a deep inhale erupting within your tightened chest. That never got old.

"Hell, I didn't even think to ask about his age. He looked around 25-ish...? But then again, looks can deceive. Jeez." you mumbled. Once Alexa had done your other lip, you pulled your knees tight to your chest, preparing for the last half of the treatment.

You grabbed your phone from the bench beside, reading the time displayed. You still had about two hours until the.. non-date thingy. A meet-up? A get-to-know-him? You didn't know what to call it.

"I don't know why I'm overthinking this so much. I never overthink. It's weird, and I don't love it." you clicked, earning a small laugh from Alexa.

She smiled as she spun the wax around, "Just go, and have some fun for once in a while. You've been so stressed lately, in fact I can see some wrinkle lines coming onto your forehead."

You made a spluttered noise, mouth flying open in shock. "I do not, you bitch."

"I'm joking, I'm joking!" she giggled, dodging the playful hit that you sent her way. "But seriously, just relax. Everything will be fine."

You sighed, blowing air past your lips as a form to relax yourself. "Okay, okay... Everything will be fine."

Everything was indeed not fine. You had been waiting at this dumb cafe for about twenty minutes, sitting embarrassingly at a two person table and wondering where the hell this Jean man was.