Ten

Chapter Ten
---
Lord and Lady of Dragonstone

5 BC
The early days of the new year arrived as the bells started ringing, for the wedding of the Lord of Dragonstone and the bride of his choice.

Dragons seemed pretty excited for this day waking out the whole island before the sun could hit their faces.

Aelora barely even slept, she had many things keeping her up.

This was the last time she will be alone in her bed, next time she wakes up, she will be met with the eyes of her soon to be husband.

The image of his face made her smile like a little child. Giggles running in escape, she didn't stop them, she let them run out on the open.

She will also gain the title of a Lady. That is a responsibility to which she must own up. Being a Lady has its duties and she was ready to do them.
If that is the price I have to pay to marry the one I love then I shall do so.

Her body turned in the bed, not having the patience to wait for everyone to wake up.

She could go to Rhae's room who was staying at Dragonstone for her wedding, but her sister wasn't alone. In her room, she would also find her husband.

Aelora was left to suffer until the time came for her and Aegon to say yes to their eternal happiness.

She got some sleep, it wasn't much and she isn't going to care about it. She secretly doesn't plan on sleeping this night either.

Rhaenys came to wake her up, but she already found her ready for the day.

" You seem excited. " Rhae teased her sister's behaviour, smirking to the grin of the bride.

" You are to speak. " Her older sister was just as happy and childish about her wedding as Aelora is now, being impatient and wanting to stand next to Aethan as soon as possible.

" I have to admit I was a little bit overjoyed that day. " The younger one sat in from of a mirror, glancing at the pure joy on her face. Rhaenys moved her fingers in Aelora's hair braiding it.

" Oh, a little. What about the noises you were making? "

" Which noises? "

" Aethan is such a handsome man. " Aelora squicked the same way she remembers seeing her sister act before she became Aethan's wife.

" Well, he is. " Giggles overtook both of them, creating a dashing atmosphere.
Uncle Daemon and his second son arrived before the sun rose. Future Lord and Lady of Driftmark came a day before any other guests wanting to prepare her little sister for what is to be her wedding.

Except for Velaryons, there was also Celtigars, another Valyrian house that found their seat in Westeros before the Doom.

Masseys of Stonedance, originating from the First Men, with many more following the way to the Island of Dragons.

From her chambers' window, she could see people coming. With each dot her eyes spotted, her cheeks got redder and redder.

All these people will watch the event happen, they will enjoy the fun after the vows, but mostly they will have fun before and during the bedding ceremony.

Honestly, Aelora was afraid of it. She was a maiden of seven and ten which didn't seem that young, her mother was married before her seventh and tenth name day.

Eyes will be laid on her and her husband, ears will listen and mouths will speak.

Did such things hurt? They did. Rhae told her about it, explaining how her experience was.