provocation is the devil's praise

Alexis woke up, head throbbing in pain. He had drunk his fair share of fire whisky. The marauders weren't celebrating, it was an impulse decision as one might call it.

Everyone was pissed and passed out, peter passed out first even though he drunk the least. 

At breakfast it looked gloomy, it was quiet, without the usual not so quiet Marauder chatter. They were all suffering, in silence.

At the other side of the hall, Regulus was eating amongst his peers, in silence, there was the usual chatter but Regulus couldn't give two fucks about that right now. 

He felt like being pretentious in this very moment. It had been a few weeks since his last encounter with Alexis and today he felt like trouble.

With the quick swish of a quill on parchment and a spell and a provoking note was making it's way towards the Gryffindor table.

It landed right in front of Alexis, unfolding the paper curiously. Alexis carefully reads the delicate handwriting.

Rough night? 

Guarding the gates of hell can be a harsh task, not that i would know

R.A.B

----------

Alexis crumpled up the parchment in a ball, locking eyes with regulus. It was harsh and it went on the whole while Alex was writing a response.

I'm keeping anyone from entering and taking your place there

the one I've kept warm and ready for you

Start taking your showers extra warm

practice burning in hell

piss of, respectfully

A.A.Z

----------

Does the second A in your name stand for Arsehole?

Arse-licker?

Airy-Fairy?

Arsemonger?

R.A.B

---------

Still looking at each other, Alexis quietly flips him off whilst mouthing 'twatter'. His friends aren't noticing what he's doing, they're sleeping in their plate at this point. Alex had a higher alcohol tolerance than the others, all the late nights of drinking to forget pay off, or maybe don't, who says. 

get a bloody life twat

I'm hungover as fuck right now

and I don't wanna deal with your death eater bullshit

not respectfully,

A.A.Z

-----------

Before Regulus could answer the marauders were up and running to their dorm to take a not so deserved nap.

Regulus was not having any of it, Alexis cant call him a death eater and get away with it. He says false things and in regulus mind, that is not acceptable; regulus is no death eater, and never will be.

Alexis was making him doubt his parents political views and it didn't feel great. He doesn't want to kill people, he just doesn't believe that blood should be mangled with. He doesn't know why it's bad but that was too deep to think about on this short trip to Alexis.

"Alexis!" Regulus screamed through the hall, he would've never done it if there were many people in the hall, but it was just Alexis and him. 

"ohmygodwhatdoyouwantRegulus" Alexis was clutching his forehead in pain.

"I am not a death eater" Regulus said sternly.

"Good for you can you now go on with your dumb little life and leave me to my headache-y life." he said still rubbing his forehead in pain.

"I take back what I said about you being a death eater, good day"

"thank you" Regulus said sarcastically.

"death eater" Alexis said under his breath. Then ran away as fast as he could with the very little strength he had left. 

"Tosser" 

"I can't wait to see you get destroyed against Ravenclaw tomorrow!"

Regulus found himself smirking at the encounter. 

Alexis also was smirking, granted, between pants.

It's the first time they came out with a positive outcome on their encounter. It's weird that's to say the least.

Alexis felt like taking a shower to wash himself from the filth of being positive towards Regulus. And Regulus felt like drowning himself in books and sorrow, being not terrible to your enemy is terrifying. Add on top doubting your parents about everything and you have an existential crisis for Regulus' part. Alexis just had a throbbing headache and felt like having a fag and drown in the small dirty bathtub.

a/n 

hey, hope you enjoy. I don't know if the syntax or storytelling is satisfying but i got a 100% on my english essay/exam

so take that as you will