Chapter Seven

Rosá strutted with confidence she never thought she possessed, down the small path created by the surprised and obviously terrified market goers. She felt her chest swell even more as she glanced back at the reason for the quiet market place and buldging eyes.
'Ash' trotted along side her, looking, not just smug, but almost disappointed with the terrified looks he was receiving for whatever reason.

"What in all realms is THAT ?!" She heard one of the many sellers, Stella gasp.

"Ain't never seen anything that huge before..." George, a mean looking huntsman grumbled with a mix of fascination and the popular emotion at the moment, fear, head inclined towards James; another hunter, while his eyes followed the wolf with a look that made it seem as if he was on a hunt. Ash made sure to note to himself to watch out for that man as he sniffed him out and memorised his scent. It was a horrible oder of dead animals stale booz and blood.

The terrified whispers continued on and even thought they were all scared out of their minds because of an uncertain danger, they were all equally fascinated with the seemingly otherworldly creature with fur a magnificent shade of Ash gray they could never even dream of getting a fabric in. And the texture was one of which could put any high grade fabric to shame, oh how they longed to run their hands through that soft looking pelt. The tail!...

It was a sight to behold, they all wished to see how it would gracefully swish from left to right as a sign of happiness as they petted the owner of the fine silk looking coat.

One of the many who were enchanted enough by the creature's beauty to follow behind the rather unusual duo, had to stop and gulp down air their lungs released so much of, which made them breathless and light headed.

Rosà spitefully ran her thin fingers down the creature's back and through that lovely thick coat, going back up to scratch at his ear, all the while wearing a smug smirk on her chapped lips. The creature let out a beautiful whine, shuffled closer and then raised its tempting tail to show his happiness for attention by swishing it gracefully from side to side; just as they all had been fantasising about mere seconds ago.

'Ash' felt stares prick at him as he indulged in the love that Rosà was showing him. To him it felt like a typical day of being around for her affection, but to her, it felt like being on top of the food chain that is human status.

The onlookers' stares of admiration turned to bitterness and envy as they watched the 'good for nothing prostitute' touch such a creature so casually with her sullied hands.

The whispers started up again, but they were not the same ones filled with fare and awe. They were whispers of insults, disgust and mockery.

"Such a filthy peasant should not even be alowed to lay eyes on that god-like creature" One with an annoyingly squeaky voice snared and 'Ash' snapped his head in the direction and narrowered his sharpened eyes. He caught sight of an awfully thin woman; thinner than Rosà maybe, with a face that looked as though she was punched to make her face look sharp.

"Seeing as she is a prostitute that can't get enough men for herself, she might have resorted to forcing that poor creature to pleasure her." At that, 'Ash' snapped, he curled his snout back from his teeth, pulled his ears flat against his head and let out a fear inducing snarl.

His was a frightening sight to lay eyes upon; gone was his ethereal aparance, he now looked like a rabbid beast on the prawl, one who just wanted to rip something apart; in that moment, that was exactly what he was.

His pupils were dilated ( some of them could have sworn they saw his eyes glowing and even flash between colours), his sharp teeth were on full display, his fur was ruffled and he was letting out sounds that suggested he would aim for the kill, while he stalked the group of now trembling filth who dared even glance at Rosà the wrong way, into a tight circle of small screams and whimpers. He could have sworn he detected the rank smell of piss mingling with the raw stench of fear. He no longer reveled in the feeling of his caretaker's gentle hands running through his fur, but now took great pleasure in scaring this group of foolish prey into submission.

Rosà normally would just let it go and move on, because she had no reason to defend herself against words that were nowhere near true and were just said to get under her skin. However, seeing her 'Ash' getting all worked up and angry on her behalf just somehow got all her built up sorrow and frustration to start peeking above the surface. She could feel tears welling up in her tired eyes, her cheeks turned red and she had to clench her fists and take in a deep breath to suppress the trembling that wanted to take over her body.

For a single moment, her mind went blank and her eyes turned cold. She found herself thinking, 'I would not mind letting him rip them to shreds. They deserve to be. After all, they are horrible people'. With a harsh gasp and a horror stricken face, she gathered herself and let go of the breath she withheld out of surprise at her own gruesome thoughts. With trembling limbs that was now caused by fare of herself, she took light steps toward the irate wolf.

Being on hyper alert, 'Ash' smelt her fare and heard her timid steps. Slowly, he retracted his diffensive form and regained his composer while taking cautious steps back away from the crowd of frightened prey. He turned to her, ears down, eyes rounded and softened as he let small whimpers slip pass his now shut snout. Rosà could tell he was trying to give an apology. But...
"It's alright Ash, I'm not scared of you." She whispered in the gentlest of tones, the one she has always used when addressing him. Then she turned, away from him...away from the people in the market, glancing back, she gave the wolf a sweet smile and said "come. Let's go home."