Chapter Sixteen

A few days later

Violet was helping Bucky clear the wood he had chopped to the side when they spotted T'Challa and Okoye from a distance.

The two approached with a huge suitcase and when they opened it they could see a new arm for Bucky. Violet looked back and forth between the new arm and Bucky, but unlike what she expected, Bucky wasn't happy about it one bit.

"Where's the fight?"

"It's coming"

"Um... Sorry to interrupt the eloquent gentlemen but what battle are we talking about here?"

"Captain Rogers has contacted us. Mr. Stark, Mr. Banner and Mr. Dr. Strange have made acquaintance with Thanos' entourage in New York. The latter is in search of the Infinity Stones to wipe out half of the universe. A few of your friends are already on their way to Wakanda, Shuri must find a way to get the Infinity Stone out of Vision's forehead and destroy it."

"Uhh... ok Wow... so a fight like that. I was thinking maybe something casual for starters but saving half the universe sounds okay too - I guess."

Bucky and Violet made their way to the palace along with the king and Okoye.

"Shuri is waiting for you two in the lab."

When they arrived at the lab, Shuri was already smiling at them.

"I have something for you. James so you already got your arm made of vibranium here's an outfit for you."

"Made of vibranium? Wow. Can it vibrate? I'm sure the ladies would have a blast with that."

Shuri and Bucky both looked at her, stunned.

"Not the right time for jokes? Ok thought I'd get some positive buzz going before we plunge to our deaths but Ok."

"Fanny!"

"Yeah I'll shut up already. So his outfit?"

Bucky held up a blue jacket with fasteners across the chest and looked at it.

"This reminds me a bit of the Winter Soldier's jacket only in blue and cozier. Did you really take that as a valance. Well I don't know."

"No, Fanny. It's similar to the jacket I had on Howling Commando."

"The white wolf needs something suitable for the fight, in the rags you're wearing it doesn't work very well. But yes that was the inspiration for it."

"White Wolf and Howling Commando that's...brilliant. And what do you have for me beautiful Shuri?"

Shuri handed her a black vibranium bracelet.

"It works like your old one only your new suit is made out of Vibranium and you can go bulletproof through the world with it."

"Wow Shuri thank you!" She hugged her friend.

Violet took Bucky by the hand and pulled him behind her.

"Where do you want to go?"

"To my room."

"For?"

"Well, to snack you and try out your new arm, kind of to celebrate."

Bucky stopped abruptly and looked at Violet, he was used to her kind by now but still he often didn't know what she meant and what she didn't mean.

"Oh God Frosty keep your little soldier under control. We're going to my room so you can shower first and then me or is that how you want to face the others?"