nine.

༄

When she awoke the next morning, she just decided to leave the AI plugged in as she was still charging. When she got back from work, then she'd allow her to be active. She'd also try and go through some simulations and scenarios that would happen at work or talking to people, she may encounter.

Phoebe let her know that the people she sent the cards, flowers and box of chocolates to were sad she couldn't make it but also thankful for the gifts. She also had two scheduled meetings for that one and one major conference call she couldn't miss either.

As her day dragged on, Leta made a list of things to show and talk to her AI about. She knew it could be easier to just record them all and upload it to her, which she would do later, but she wanted to first handedly show her and talk to her about these things. She obviously had memory for a reason.

Once her meetings and conference calls were over with, Leta had Phoebe order take out Chinese for her to have sent to her house and then left. By the time she got there, the guy was standing outside her door before she could even get in. So she paid him, watched him leave and then went inside. She didn't want him to see her AI if he came in. Good thing he didn't question if she actually lived there or not.

Once inside, she put her purse down, kicked off her shoes and opened up her food. She decided to eat before she woke the AI up, just so she could feel comfortable eating. Once she was done, she went over to her, pulled her off of the mat and she instantly woke up.

"Good Evening." She greeted Leta, which amazed her that she could tell which time of the day it was. It was also a bit creepy too, as she didn't read anywhere on her manual that she could do that. She figured it must have been just automatic of self-explanatory.

"Hi!" Leta said with a smile. The two chit-chatted and she told her about her day and then began some simulations with her. All through the night they talked and talked and it amazed her so much that she felt like she was ready for her official first appearance at work tomorrow. Plugging her back in for the night, Leta went straight to bed, excited for tomorrows big day.

The next morning, Leta woke to the smell of food outside of her room. Frowning at the thought, she jumped out of bed and rushed out of her room. Once she opened her door, she was met by the sight of her AI not being where she left her that night.

"Leta!?" She called out, wincing at the fact she was calling out her own name.

"In the kitchen!" She yelled out, causing Leta to widen her eyes in horror. Once she made it to the kitchen she was greeted by practically a full course breakfast laid out in front of her.

"Whoa. . ." Leta said, her eyes widening in hunger yet amazement at the sight.

"I thought you'd like a good breakfast being that it's your day off." The AI said from behind her, holding a coffee pot and cup in either hand. She was also already dressed for the day, hair, makeup and all. Leta was completely caught off guard as she didn't recall setting a timer to wake her up for today. She herself actually looked forward to waking her up and helping her get ready for her first day of work.

"O-oh?" Leta said as she watched her place the coffee pot and cup on the table. Then pulling out her chair for her, she beckoned for her to sit. Sitting in the chair, Leta didn't recall asking for a caregiver either. But she couldn't deny the rumble in her stomach as the food looked delicious. So as she began to pile some onto her plate. "You didn't . . . try any of this did you?" She questioned her as she took a bite of the homemade French toast.

"No silly, of course not!" She replied back with a smile. Leta was instantly creeped out, not even a week in and her AI was too much for her. Had she known this is all that she signed up for, she probably would have weighed her options more. But then again she thought that she was probably being paranoid. So shrugging her shoulders and pressing her skepticism to the back of her mind, she continued to eat as she watched her AI clean up the kitchen and then get ready to leave. "You remember how to get there?" Leta asked her, feeling a queasiness settle into her stomach from nervousness.

"Yes I do! Relax, everything will be fine. You have a meeting today and a conference call, I've got everything under control." She said, grabbing for Leta's purse. She felt weird allowing her to take her stuff, it just didn't feel right. "Bye!" She said as she left. Leta just sat there, blinking rapidly as if she just woke up from a nightmare of some sort.