Chapter 1: Origins

"Where...am I? Who, am I? I cant feel, ANYTHING. It's like I'm being enveloped by nothing but darkness. I have no life, no purpose, no meaning! So...why am I here? How can I speak a language I have no memory of learning? And I don't know why but, something here just seems...different, or change, or maybe-"

"Misplaced!" spoke a large echoing voice.

"he..hello!"

"Welcome Sebastian"

"Is...that my name, Sebastian?"

"Yes", the voice echoed back in return

"Who the hell are you, and how do you know me?"

"I am Erebus, a primordial diety"

"a..a god"

"Yes, a god, at least by your standards, but that aside I do have a limited amount of time with you so I'm going to ask that you listen to my assessment of your current situation."

"um,ok"

"Fantastic, now very soon you, along with thousands of other godkins shall be summoned to the planet Titan as successors. This is the largest and by far the most hostile ecosystem within the entirety of the known universe. But it also contains massive amounts of celestial power for you to obtain. You are all summoned here to become gods in the future and to take the place of the deities which summoned you"

"Wait, so someday ill replace you, and become a god"

"If you survive, but there will be a multitude of trials and tribulations to test you and recognize whether or not you are worthy. And after you've struggled and overcome numerous challenges, as well as having gained enough celestial energy then you will ascend to godhood. But that is in the very distant future, for now, I shall tell you of the present. When you arrive on Titan you must evolve and utilize the divine system given to every godkin. Additionally, I will grant you the option of choosing your starting species, but the Godkin's choices are limited to weaker species in accordance with the rules."

"The Divine System!? Wait no, The Rules? Starting Species? What the hell are you talking about!?"

And in an instant, like a bolt of lightning, I could feel the knowledge of each and every species on the planet Titan become infused into my memory.

"What the-"

"Keep in mind", Erebus interrupted "each organism implanted in your memory is capable of evolving into a higher, more powerful species. Other godkins are in the same predicament your in as well, and you will likely encounter conflict among them, so heed my warning when I suggest that you choose wisely. Observe both the creature's starting stats, and the celestial being that it could potentially evolve into."

"How will I know what species has the greatest potential?"

"Well, ill just leave that up to your intuition, choose wisely"

Annoyed, I could sense the faint trace of a grin behind his last words, though he had no visible face.

"Well great, just fuckin great!"

Sighing I went on within my mind slowly sifting through each and every organism to find which would best accommodate my needs when I came across a subspecies of mimic, a snake-like creature whose technical name was Xiaophis myanmarensis. Although in the common tongue, it is described as Myanmar.

"Does that interest you?"

Startled I gasped, " are you reading my mind!"

"Yes", he replied blatantly.

A straight answer, yet as I thought about it there was no need for a diety to mind his words in front of a mortal like myself.

"whatever" I sighed to myself, "I admit it does catch my eye"

I then decided to more closely analyze its starting abilities.

Level: 1

Species Type: Mimic

Subspecies: Snake (Xiaophis myanmarensis)

Common Name: Myanmar

Skills: Mimic Lv 1. Slither Lv 1. Bite Lv 1. Constrict Lv 1. Invenomate Lv 1.

Infrared Sense Lv 1. Enhanced Smell Lv 1. Regeneration Lv 1.

Mana Capacity: Common

Physical Capacity: Common

Versatility: Rare

"Seems like a useful enough organism to start with, but I don't understand, what does it mean by mimic?"

"The mimic lineage are capable of shape shifting into a specific object, or even organisms, depending on the ability's level, though your abilities do deteriorate when in a transformed state"

"Wait, what do you mean by level?"

"Ohh you'll find out when I send you to Titan, anyways are you ready to go"

"No, I have no clue what 90 percent of what you've just said even means"

"Well, I tried my best, see you whenever I guess"

"Huh, wha-"

Suddenly a blinding light seeped into the empty void of darkness, and I could feel myself being absorbed into it. The thought of a vacuum popped into my head as in the faint distance I could hear Erebus's voice echo, "Until we meet again, future god of darkness!" I awoke in a much nicer place than the darkness I had just resided in. At least here I had some senses, I had a long fork-like snake tongue and some heat pits under my eyes. I mean it's not all that great though, my tongue flicks were so good that I could smell some animal's shit from a mile away and I can barely see something within a few fuckin inches in front of me, but hey that's still an improvement. And as I began to pear around my new environment it finally hit me, I was on Titan.