𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝓉𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

"'It's a date. Please wear this attire and nothing more, Mary will call you. -Afton.'" I read aloud as my mom sat down next to me with that 'I told you look'. I shook my head and placed the card back on top of the box.
      "So, what's this about it not being a date?" She asked as she picked up a shirt out of the laundry basket next to her. I stood up and held the box against my chest.
      "When he said that yesterday I didn't realize that's what he meant.." I said as I watched as my mom's eyebrows lifted and she folded the shirt she had picked up.
      "I'm just saying he's a little old for you, don't you think? And isn't it creepy that he knew where we live? We're out in the middle of nowhere-"
      "Don't contemplate about it too much, he probably did some legal searching okai? Besides, I'm about to be 21 in-"
      "In five days. You're still 20. a-and legal searching? You expect me to buy that?" Mom said as she continued to fold her clothes with growing annoyance.
      "Well no but I don't exactly have a logical reason....and he's only......30" I muttered out the 30 and she shot her head over to look at me. I've really done it now.
      "30???" I took off towards my room as she chucked a sock at me and muttered something about how I was lucky she didn't wanna get up. I laughed as I pushed my door shut with my back and walked across the room to my bed which was made up with a beautiful red and black comforter. I set the box down gently as I bit my lip nervously and looked at the plain black box with the cream-colored note resting on top of it. Who knows what he could've picked out? A man of his elegancy couldn't have picked out anything comfortable and normal. I looked over at the long-standing mirror and took in my own choice of wardrobe. Which consists of a pair of grey baggy sweat pants and a black-colored fitted tank top. I wrapped my arms around my waist and pondered about if this is a good idea or not. We shouldn't be so nervous about this. It's not like we like him in any way that could lead to a relationship, it's simply just a fancy meet-up with the co-owner of a high-end children's entertainment establishment. I put my hands on my face and drug them down slowly as I let out an audible sigh. I turned my attention back to the box and I shakily reached for the lip of the lid. Pushing myself with raw courage and curiosity, I peeled back the lid and my eyes grew wide. He cannot be serious. I took the dress by the straps and lifted it up, examining its length as it drapes over the side of the box and my bed. It was a beautiful, black sheer form-fitting dress with a very low neckline and a slit up the leg. I turned the dress around to examine the back and the back was also very low, reaching all the way down my back and hanging a little below where my waist would be. William. My mom is going to kill me. I set the dress down and rub the sides of my thighs nervously as my phone started to ring on my bedside table. I picked up the receiver and spoke softly.
      "Hello?"
      "Ah, yes, hello is this Willow ?" A familiar voice asked through the phone.
      "Yes, it is."
      "Hello Willow, it's Mary from Freddy Fazbears, I'm calling on behalf of my boss William Afton. I am told to say that you'll be having dinner with him at Ruth's Chris Steak House at 6:30, and a car will be coming to get you at 6. Watch out for the car and do not be late. Good luck." Mary said with an exasperated  tone and hung up the call.
      "Oh uh...thanks," I said as I placed the receiver back in its place. I turned my attention to my clock right next to the phone as I noticed the time was 5:30 and I only had 30 minutes to actually get around and look for the car. Crap. I made my way to the closet and opened both doors which let me see the disaster they held behind them. I really need to sort this out. I rummaged through some old shoes in the bottom of the closet, searching for something at least decent to wear with such a fancy dress. I pulled out a pair of black flats and nodded softly. This should work. I set the flats down by the edge of my bed and picked up the dress once again, this time ready to put it on. I slipped the clothes I'm already wearing off and I make a sad attempt to put on the dress William requested. After about 2 mins of wrestling with it, I got it to sit nicely and zipped up. I turned to the mirror and I almost gasped out loud. The dress was far more beautiful than I had realized. It was floor length and the slit reached the top of my left thigh and the back hung slightly below the middle of my waist. I did some turns and some poses to further examine the dress and I smiled softly. I've never worn anything so beautiful. I walked over to the vanity on the other side of the room and set myself down in the chair as I studied my hair. I grabbed a brush and ran it through a couple of times, giving myself some time to think about what I was going to do with it. I decide to leave it down and after that was done I hurriedly put on some light makeup and an old necklace that had fake obsidian and diamonds in it. I looked over at the clock. 5:58 okai good, good. I slipped on my shoes, grabbed a small hand bang and I hurriedly scurried out of my bedroom door.
     "Willow?! Is that you?! Are you leaving?" My mother yelled at me from the other room. I could hear her setting something down as if she was going to enter the same room as me. I looked down at myself and knew she wouldn't approve so I ran towards the front door.
     "Yes, mom it's me I'm leaving okai! I'll call you if there's an emergency, don't worry about me!" I yelled as I grabbed the handle and started to exit the house.
     "Oh, honey give me a-" I knew she was going to ask for a hug so I quickly shut the door as if I didn't hear her. I'll get yelled at about that later. I stood outside realizing how unready I was. I had no clue what the car was supposed to look like and there was no one around. I looked back at my front door, deciding whether or not I should go back inside when I heard the low hum of an engine. I turned around to see a blacked-out 1995 McLaren F1 park right in front of my house. You have got to be kidding me. A man stepped out of the car and looked at me, then smiled.
          "You must be Willow. My name is Charles Mahon, my dear, I am here to take you to your destination." He said as he made his way around the car and opened the passenger door that opened in an up direction. I hesitated a little, remembering my mom's words of 'don't trust strangers'. He smiled more and I couldn't see his eyes from behind his dark shades. I decided to smile slightly back as I made my way to the passenger seat. Once I was settled down, he shut the door softly and walked back around the car to return to the driver's seat. He wiggled in the chair a bit and shut the door as the car made a low humming sound. I took a deep breath as I put on my belt and we pulled away from my house.
                "This car is lovely...thank you for picking me up." I said nervously as we also had not exchanged formal hellos.
                "My pleasure ma'am." He said with a happy go lucky tone. It made me smile a bit. After a little while of sitting in silence I decided to make some conversation.
     "Do you know much about Mr. Afton?" I asked hesitantly as I shyly looked at Charles. He chuckled and took a left turn.
     "Oh, I know him quite well. We go way back, unfortunately, not as far as him and Mr. Emily go, but I've made my impact." He said with a soft tone. I looked at him more thoroughly, noticing he had to be about in his 60s.
     "Do you work for him or-"
     "Oh no no, I'm just a friend doing a friend a favor." He chuckled as he drove over the speed limit but not enough to get us pulled over. I nodded and looked out the window as the scenery zipped by quickly.
     "Is this your car then?" I asked running my finger along the dark interior. He shook his head softly and started to slow down as he was reaching town.
     "No, I had special instructions from William to pick you up in his most valuable car." He said pulling into the restaurant's parking lot. Why would that even matter? He doesn't have to show off to me, I already know he's rich since he and Henry built Freddy's from the ground up. I sighed softly and twiddled with a string hanging off of my bracelet. Charles parked and turned the car off slowly.
     "Is everything okai my lady?" He asked in a nice and gentle tone. I nodded not looking up and focusing solely on the string.
     "I'm just a little nervous I guess. This all seems like so much more than just meeting for dinner which is what I thought this was...not just some way a rich guy can flash his money around. Seems kinda narcissistic, all of this..." I said as I looked up at him with a soft smile. He took off his shades and gave a reassuring smile.
     "William can have his moments. But everything he does has more purpose than just 'flashing things around'. He's a smart man, sometimes terrifyingly smart. You have to of peaked this man's interest for him to go this far, maybe this isn't just a dinner meet." He said, making me far more nervous with his last comment. I nodded slowly to make him think his words were reassuring.
     "Thank you. Are you-" Charles didn't stay to hear the rest of my question as he got out and ran around to my side and opened the door.
     "It's 6:30, you should hurry on in, one thing that man dislikes very much is people who arrive late." I nodded and took his outstretched hand and stepped out of the car. I nodded a goodbye at him as he bowed and returned back to the driver's side. He watched me for a second as he put his glasses back on and hopped in the seat and started the car. I held my small purse with one hand and held the bottom of the dress up off the pavement with the other and made my way to the entrance. Once I stepped in the world around me turned to soft hushes and quiet symphony music. The air smelled like a barbecue on a beautiful summer day, and the scenery was dark besides the candles on all of the elegantly made tables, and the low warm lights. It felt like the world had shifted into this dream of a reality, everything was elegant and well kept to define detail. A tall man with a waiter's suit walked by with a tray balancing on the palm of his hand. I smiled at him as he smiled back and made his way to a table with a beautiful couple. I walked forward a bit more as I saw a woman scanning a piece of paper that seemed to have all of the open tables on it. I let out a soft 'hello' as she looked up and smiled brightly.
     "Hello ma'am, how many tonight?"
     "Oh, um, I'm actually here to meet someone." She smiled and stared at me as she was waiting for a name. "Oh yes right, his name is William Afton." Her facial expression showed hesitation but not enough to show discomfort.
     "Afton, Afton..." she muttered as she scanned the tables marked with everyone's last names. She flipped to a page that was marked 'private' and nodded softly. "Okai follow me right this way." She said as she locked eyes with me and turned around ready to lead me to what seemed like my demise. Private room...she walked a little too quickly as we passed numerous couples and some double dates. Why would he book us for a private room, that sounds so...
     "Here you are, ma'am." She said as she opened too blacked-out doors revealing a nice-sized room with four dashingly made round tables with a rose in a small vase in the center surrounded by small candles. The back wall made a half-round shape and a chandelier hung from the middle of the dome ceiling, with candles instead of bulbs. The walls made a circular shape alongside the ceiling and held three large floor-to-ceiling windows that were covered with long silk-white drapes that were held back by golden plates. It seemed like something straight out of a movie. This isn't real.
This isn't real.
She's absolutely beautiful.