Give it a shot

It was a regular day in this damn irregular year. Covid has made the past two years either completely stop or run fast in the short time interval between the waves of different mutation of virus. What should have been a short lived survival plan has become the casual and usual days for many. Especially for health care workers, a new normal. Checking and follow up on the infected and vaccinating those who aren't infected, this is the routine now.

Dr. Mix Sahaphap, a newly passed out doctor who volunteered for the COVID related duties, now well accustomed to the erratic schedules and ever changing nature of his duties, sighed in content that today he got vaccination duties instead of Triaging the patients. For the past week he was in hospital testing the patients and checking whether they need to be hospitalized or not. So vaccination is a breath of fresh air, the staff nurses will vaccinate, he just has to sit there and give advises when people ask him their doubts. Atleast he doesn't have to wear the damn sweaty yet life protecting PPE kit all day.

Well it would have been pretty normal day for him but today he was posted in the VIP area with two nosy staff nurse, p'Jennie and nong Janhae. For them asking about his love life is one of the fun. It's not his fault, really he didn't know the girl was flirting with him, when she practically almost removed the top she was wearing to get the shot, well he also didn't realise that he was flirted, when a guy asked his number because he was having doubts about the vaccines , well he did politely said he couldn't give out his numbers like that and he spent atleast an half hour explaining the vaccines and its effect to the poor guy who only wanted his number.

Whenever he was on duty for vaccination, almost all the guys and girls around his age ask him for his number or flirt with him on another level but he never have realised that they were flirting with him. That's why now p'Jennie and Jan were talking about his sex life which is non existent in front of him as if he was not there..

"I think he is asexual"

"What do you mean phi? That my little bro cannot have sex with hot guy or girl? Oh my god"

"Guys iam standing here. No p'Jennie iam not asexual. And Jan iam not your little bro as you are my little sister"

"But nong Mix, when was the last time you were aroused"

"Phi Jennie there are hundreds of people waiting outside this room and let's start vaccinating now."

" We are just worried for you! You are all alone in this tough times, we just want you to have a life"

"NOW open the door and let's start vaccinating. I do have a life" 'with my cats' he whispered the last part though he didn't want them to hear or otherwise they wouldnt leave him alone.

It was quite busy since it was a VIP zone he had to carefully monitor the process of vaccination. And there were more people than his regular days , which made the team to get tired very soon. But the organisers had arranged for refreshments. p'Jennie and Jan were first to take the takeouts and start digging. Since he was not that hungry, he was just having a juice when one of the main organiser came to the room.

Mix: what is it sir?

"A VIP celebrity has come. He needs to vaccinate immediately he has a busy schedule today"

Jennie: oii, can't we eat in peace! Just took the meal box after a long hour of vaccinating. I myself would have vaccinated 100.

"We understand sister but"

Mix: it's ok p'Jennie, you and Jan have lunch I will vaccinate.

He turned to the organiser.

Mix: is it okay sir? I will vaccinate let them eat here.